News:

• April 18, 2024, 01:53:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need a prop adaptor.  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Need a prop adaptor.
« on: November 14, 2019, 06:34:34 PM »
I have a Cobra 2820-12 motor.  Where can I purchase a collet style prop adaptor with a 5mm inner and 1/4" outer? It seems all the 5mm adaptors come with 5/16" outers threads. I want to use a 1/4" prop.

Also, who offers a 1 1/2" dia. vented metal standard spinner (not pusher style)?

Getting ready to layout the fuse dimensions on my Primary Force.

Steve

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
Re: Need a prop adaptor.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 07:59:09 PM »
This may be what you want.  Price is not great, but I think the size is correct.
Part
https://www.amazon.com/flite-Prop-Adapter-Collet-EFLM1925/dp/B000BP2K0C

See answers to size here
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx3HVU18ZMQLE21/ref=ask_dp_dpmw_al_hza

Fred

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 09:09:28 PM »
I am running 5mm shaft to 6mm prop, so smaller than the 1/4 and no problem.  Some props come at 6mm such as Igor's and he prefers not drilling.
Fred

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 06:39:00 AM »
What I am looking for is a collet style prop adaptor 5mm to 1/4" to attach a 1-1/2" spinner. Not the hub style.
Does anyone provide a 1/4" shaft so I don't have to enlarge the prop hole. Could be the 1/4" is too fragile??

Steve

Offline Fred Constantine

• Ensign
  • C/L Retread
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 09:38:18 AM »
Steve,
I have been using a 5mm to 6mm adapter by Hacker.  The center shaft is steel.  Good quality and will last. Of course you now need to find or make a 6mm prop/spinner bushing.  APC makes it easy, but some spinners are more work.
Fred Constantine
Calistoga, CA   AMA 6798

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 12:15:35 PM »
Some of the other E-flite collets may work.  Unfortunately, they list many of them for the plane that they came on, and don't specify size.  The one that I posted above is 5mm to 1/4 and you would have to supply a 1/4 nut and washer.  If the washer is smooth, glue on coarse grit sand paper. 

There is a better selection in 5mm shaft to 6mm prop collets and you can find some props with 6mm hole.  I am using aluminum collets and fly from blacktop.  Prop strikes in grass or crashes could bend the collet, but better than the motor shaft or bearings.
Fred

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 05:11:20 PM »
I think R/C Dude?

I'd have to check to be sure.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 07:51:40 AM »
I think I have seen this one, it has what looks to be an attachment for an aluminum spinner. As Fred pointed there are many out there that would probably apply but because they are designated for a particular model they have no dimensional information. I really doubt an order taker at a place like Tower would have any idea of the dimensions.

I may have to start reaming out some props.

Thanks,

Steve

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 11:41:30 PM by Brent Williams »
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here