News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:33:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: need a little help  (Read 1377 times)

Offline jjorgensen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
need a little help
« on: April 27, 2018, 02:39:30 PM »
I'm trying to program the setup in my new Sheek's Me 109. I am using a Turnigy 4250, 650 Kv with an Ice 50 and a Hubin timer. I have set it up per the Norm Whittle instructions, i.e. control line, governer high, set the cell count (6), etc. and the timer set for Phoenex RPM high. The problem is no matter what I set the RPM in the timer when the motor starts it revs up to about 6000 on the tack and then backs off to about 5500. I have changed motors and timers, and it is a new ESC. Any suggestions?

I also tried compensated throttle and set rpm with set head speeds with the same result
Jim Jorgensen

Rick_Huff

Re: need a little help
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 04:44:30 PM »
Jim,
I had a very similar problem, though with a different system.  Turns out it was the ESC (which was also brand new). 

Rick

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 11:37:00 PM »
Hi Jim,

If you have access to an R/C system you can test the esc and see if it gets to your required rpm. As Rick says, it sounds like an esc issue, either with programming or it could be faulty.

What prop are you using? Just another question. Why did you opt for a 6 cell setup in the ME 109? The original at 54" wingspan is about a .40 glow size model..........unless I'm mistaken??

Keith R
Keith R

Offline jjorgensen

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 05:16:01 AM »
 Hi Keith, this is the 60 inch version of the 109. After changing esc and motor I finally figured out it was the battery. Duh
Jim Jorgensen

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 10:23:35 PM »
Hi Keith, this is the 60 inch version of the 109. After changing esc and motor I finally figured out it was the battery. Duh

That clears that up.  y1 I did not know that there was a bigger version. That should be nice!

Keith R
Keith R

Offline jjorgensen

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »
here is a pick of the project to date
Jim Jorgensen

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 09:24:02 AM »
I like it, but too big for the old DOC. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 04:56:49 PM »
here is a pick of the project to date

I like the colors!

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here