News:

• May 09, 2024, 08:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric-powered "Gotcha Streak"?  (Read 1035 times)

Offline David_Stack

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Electric-powered "Gotcha Streak"?
« on: December 31, 2012, 08:06:26 AM »
Looking to return to the hobby after almost 40 years after a rudimentary introduction courtesy of my father, and have heard good things about Corehouse's "Gotcha Steak" as a suitable trainer.

Would like to build it as an electric, has anyone been down this road already and can offer suggestions on construction, motor/battery/prop combos, etc.?

Looked in the forum, and came up empty on my search...

Thanks,
Dave

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
Re: Electric-powered "Gotcha Streak"?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 08:23:33 AM »
Hi Dave,

Welcome back to control line.

If you skim through the "List Your Setup" threat at the very top of the "AMP'ed" forum you can likely find some setup (s) which are equivalent to you planned Gotcha Streak. Similar wing area would be a starting point. What worked for those models will probably work fine for you too.
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Electric-powered "Gotcha Streak"?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 08:37:18 AM »
Hi Dave,
 I have been flying an Electric Gotcha Streak for nearly 3 years. Built exactly per plan apart from omitting the bearers and using local hardwood inserts to mount the motor. I pushed the motor forwards and it's mounted at the very front of the original fuselage with scrap balsa to rebuild the nose profile. (This was needed to make it balance correctly). It's flown with an AXI 2820, Scorpion 3014 and even an Emax 2815 and is quite capable of the full pattern with all those motors. I have always used a Phoenix 45 ESC but I think they have now been superseded by the Ice range. Battery packs have been 4000mah (3 cell) or 2700mah (4 cell). it seems happy flying at a wide range of speeds (4.5 / lap right through to about 5.2 / lap [ all on 62']).

It's listed in the sticky "Set up Thread".  Mine started life at about 42oz but is now nearer 47oz having had a few colour changes and numerous repairs.

TTFN
John.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:15:01 AM by John Hammonds »
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here