Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

LIPO cell checker - what device?

(1/2) > >>

Dennis Toth:
Guys,
I'm looking for a reliable LIPO cell checker that would be able detect if a cell is weak or dead. I have a watt meter but this checks the total voltage not the individual cells. What is a good device to purchase?

Best,    DennisT

Dennis Nunes:

--- Quote from: Dennis Toth on January 08, 2021, 09:01:12 AM ---Guys,
I'm looking for a reliable LIPO cell checker that would be able detect if a cell is weak or dead. I have a watt meter but this checks the total voltage not the individual cells. What is a good device to purchase?

Best,    DennisT

--- End quote ---
Hi DennisT,

I bought this battery checker on eBay a year ago. It works pretty good, will check individual cell voltage and was inexpensive. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Battery-Capacity-Checker-RC-7-Cellmeter-For-LiPo-LiFe-Li-ion-Nicd-NiMH/353265760304?hash=item524047b830:g:0z8AAOSwgEJfpQIU

Dennis

ericrule:
Yep Dennis;
That's the one I imported when I owned RSM Distribution. It works quite well. Because they were inexpensive I used to keep one in the shop and one in my flight box. At the field having it and using it to check every battery before I plugged it into the ESC saved me a couple of times from plugging a used battery into the model (yes, I know we are supposed to mark the three batteries we take to the field 1-2 & 3 so we don't mix them up. Some of us are just too smart, too old or simply too stupid to take our own advice).

Steve Tomlinson:
There is a small one that I use for my RC Lipos from HOBBY KING    it costs about $4 and all the guys at the field use this model

jfv:
I bought several over the summer, some a bit pricy, with little success with consistency.  Last one I bought seems to be the best.  Better than the one I bought for about $40.  Cell Meter 8.  Similar, if not the same as the one Dennis showed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073W4MDHC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version