News:

• March 29, 2024, 04:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Legacy 40 - Electric A build Log  (Read 65688 times)

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Legacy 40 - Electric A build Log
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2015, 06:55:00 PM »
I started on the stabilizer today.  The TE is made up using 2 pieces of 3/16 x 1/2 7.9# balsa and 1/32 balsa to form the hinge slots.  These were edged up against my 4 foot level to get a nice straight edge.  I marked the center line and the hinge locations.  Then cut the 1/32 balsa to size, pinned the bottom piece, glued the 1/32 balsa using medium CA, then glued on the top piece, again using medium CA.

Once dry I then cut a piece of .007 unidirectional CF to length and just over 3/8 high.  I then used medium CA to glue the CF to the forward face of the TE.  This will give great strength with little weight gain.

I then glued the LE ( 2 pieces of 3/16 x 1/2 balsa) in a like manner but I used Pica Gluit because the LE will be sanded to a longer "taper" when shaping the LE and I needed a glue that will feather well.  When dry the LE pieces will get the CF treatment as well.

I also glued the 3/16 balsa and 1/32 balsa tip pieces using Pica Gluit.

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • "Never fly faster than your shoulder angel"
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »
Any more?? 8)

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

"There's no try. Do or Do not." - Master Yoda

"Wealth and fame, he's ignorant
Action is his reward, look out
Here comes Marcus, man..."

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2015, 02:58:57 PM »
Yeah Marcus.  I just finished the stabilizer.

After pinning down the LE and TE, the tips were fitted and glued in using Pica Gluit.  Once dry I lifted the frame and fitted the bottom 1/16 9# center section sheeting.  That's right, 9# stuff.  Between using 7# or 9# sheeting there was only 1 gram difference.  BTW, this stabilizer has turned out very stiff!  Then the ribs were added using 7# 1/8 balsa.  I use 1/8 balsa here because it hold up much better than 1/16.  It also provides a much stiffer structure.  I use some 3/32 hard brass tubing to cut the air holes in each of the ribs.  You'll notice the 1/4 hole in the bottom sheeting.  This will allow the air to move in/out of the stab during temperature changes.

When gluing in the ribs, I used 2 layers of masking tape on the bottom of the frame.  This ensures that the ribs should fall below/above the frame.  It'll make sanding a whole lot easier to sand "down" the ribs to the LE/TE.  I really don't like it when a rib is below the LE/TE.  I used thin CA to glue in the bottom sheeting and ribs.  Medium CA for the top sheeting.

Once dry I sanded the top and bottom smooth and shaped the LE. TE and the tips.  I shaped the LE with an ellipse section rather than a 1/2 round section.  Dennis Van DeKuur showed me on his full size Legacy.  He beat me plenty of times with that Legacy and now that his secret is out and incorporated in this Legacy.....look out Dennis!

When done sanding smooth I used some thin CA to soak and strengthen the TE by the tips.  This prevents them from "rounding" and gives a nice crisp edge.

The stabilizer looks dirty in some pictures due to the .007 CF used along the LE and TE.

The weight of the finished stabilizer is 44 grams.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:27:02 AM by Crist Rigotti »
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2015, 07:02:46 PM »
I built the elevators in a similar manner as the stabilizer.

The LE and TE are made from 2 pieces of 1/8 x 1/2 8.6# balsa and 1 piece of 1/32 6# balsa.  They were laminated using medium CA glue.  The tips and center section sheeting were laminated from 1/8 7# balsa and 1/32 balsa using Pica Gluit.  The ribs are from 1/8 7# balsa with 3/32 air holes.  These were glued to the LE and TE using thin CA glue.  The LE, TE, tips, and center sheeting were glued together using Pica Gluit.

I then made up some elevator horn clips using 1/8 Lite-Ply and 1/8 aluminum tubing all glued together with medium CA glue.  After bending the elevator horn I used it to "space out" the horn clips onto each elevator while the elevators are held in place with 3/4 wide x 7/8 long 1/32 ply to simulate the hinges.  I then used a triangle to be sure the horn clips are 90 degrees to the LE.  Once the slot is cut the horns are trimmed to size and glued to each elevator using thin CA glue.  I also capped the root end with some 1/32 basswood.  The right hand elevator also incorporated a "pocket" ( 1/16 x 3/8) for a Rabe rudder linkage horn.  The tips are trimmed to length and the elevators are sanded smooth and rounded where needed.  Again I used some thin CA glue to strengthen the LE out by the tips to maintain a crisp corner.

Between the stabilizer and the elevators their weight are spot on.  These turned out to be very stiff indeed.

The elevators shown here are 28 grams.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2015, 09:57:59 PM »
Just an update.  I'm waiting for the fin and rudder lamination to dry overnight, then I'll post about those.

Also I'm gluing on the 1/64 fuselage doublers tonight.  More on that tomorrow as well.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »
The rudder and fin are finished except final detail sanding before covering.  Both are made from 2 pieces of 1/8 6.5# balsa and 1 piece of 1/32 5# balsa.  These were laminated using my MGS 285 laminating epoxy.

Once dry, they were cut to size and sanded to shape.  You'll notice that I capped the top of the rudder and the fin with 1/32 basswood to give a nice crisp edge.

The fin weighs 15 grams and the rudder 3 grams.

On to the fuselage!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:02:27 AM by Crist Rigotti »
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
The fuselage sides are made form 3/32 6.5# balsa with a section of 7.5# balsa spliced on to make the final length.  This spliced piece is on the nose area because that's where the doubler goes and helps keep the splice strong.  Pica Gluit was here.  The 1/64 ply doubler was epoxied on using MGS 285 epoxy.  When gluing on the doublers the nose was raised 1/4 off the bench to create the flair into the spinner a lot easier.  The battery shelf hardwood blocks were glued in using 15 minute epoxy. 

I trued up the top of each fuselage side then used my drawing side and top  view to locate the formers and wing/stab cutouts. 

On to making formers.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2015, 10:12:12 PM »
I make the formers using the 3M 77 glue the plan to the balsa method.  F1 is made from 1/8 G-10 fiberglass printed circuit board without the copper.  F2 and F3 are 1/8 Birch ply, F4 thru F7 are 1/16 cross grain 11# pound balsa ( that's what I had and wanted to use it up!), F8 is 1/16 balsa and a 1/64 ply laminate glued with medium CA, F9 thru F11 is 1/16 7# balsa.  F8 uses the 1/64 ply because of the stab mounting and the tail wheel area.

After cutting out the formers, I use some acetone and a paper towel to dab the plan and then it peels off the balsa.  A quick wipe of the balsa with acetone and some light sanding and they are ready to go!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2015, 09:44:41 PM »
The fuselage is drying in the jig tonight.

I cut triangular shaped holes every so often along the center line of the fuselage plan.  Then when I tape it to the jig I can line up both center lines.  When lined up a piece of masking tape over the hole and onto the bench to hold it into position. Then covered with wax paper. I made the jig myself, but it is fairly standard type.

I used thin CA to glue in the formers and 15 minute epoxy to hold in the G-10 motor mount.  While the fuselage is in the jig, I also added the aft most 2 angled formers.  I couldn't do the forward most angled former because the wing needs to be glued in first.

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »
That's very good!!!!

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
I added the 1/2 Tri stock to the nose using thin CA and the aft motor mount pieces using 15 minute epoxy for strength.  I then sanded down the top, bottom and "cowl" slope to match the fuselage sides.

The tail wheel mount is made using 2 pieces of 1/16 ply clued together with medium CA and a piece of 3/8 square hard maple.  I use .078 wire for the tail strut.  The lower pieces were spaced using some .078 music wire.  The tail wheel mount will be epoxied in.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Jason Greer

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2015, 12:32:57 PM »
Man, that looks great Crist!  What do you use to cut the G10?
El Dorado, AR
AMA 518858

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2015, 02:16:45 PM »
Looking  good Crist! I have to confess that I have not followed you thread as diligently as I should have.  I presume you are front mounting the motor. I too wonder what you used to cut the mount. I  ruined a bandsaw blade cutting  that G10 a while back!
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2015, 02:43:11 PM »
Thanks Jason and John.

I used my trusty Dremel Moto-Shop 571-4 jig saw.  And yes, I ruined a blade to cut it!  I used my Delta band saw to rough out the outsides, then a quick pass on the disc sander.  Then over to the jig saw, then finally hand files and Emery boards.  Yes, the G-10 was hard on all of them. 
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2015, 06:16:05 PM »
Thanks Jason and John.

I used my trusty Dremel Moto-Shop 571-4 jig saw.  And yes, I ruined a blade to cut it!  I used my Delta band saw to rough out the outsides, then a quick pass on the disc sander.  Then over to the jig saw, then finally hand files and Emery boards.  Yes, the G-10 was hard on all of them. 
Crist,
I used a carbide bit for the Dremel tool (per Bob H. suggestion) and a carbide blade for a hack saw that I picked up at a local hardware store.  Both made fairly quick work of it, and then the disc sander and so on.

James
AMA 491167

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »
Crist,
I used a carbide bit for the Dremel tool (per Bob H. suggestion) and a carbide blade for a hack saw that I picked up at a local hardware store.  Both made fairly quick work of it, and then the disc sander and so on.

James

Thanks for the info James!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2015, 07:30:47 PM »
Mystery item for the day.  What is it and what is it used for?
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2015, 07:37:52 PM »
The tail wheel mount epoxied in.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2015, 07:56:57 PM »
More work on the nose today.

I decided to cut off the fuselage sides even with the forward face of the motor mount.  I thought it would be easier to glue in the 7/16 cross grain balsa "filler" to a flat surface rather than try and taper it to fit.  The cowl slope was added first then sanded flush at the nose.  The aft portion was left because it will get nicked and dented till I'm ready to do the bottom.  Then the top block was added and again sanded flush with the motor mount.  Then the cross grain filler piece was glued on to the nose.  

I then mounted the motor and used the prop adapter to "center" the nose ring and to clamp it into position.  My nose rings are 2 lamination's.  The aft layer is 1/16 ply and the forward one is 1/16 bass wood.  This allows me to sand the nose ring for that perfect clearance to the spinner back plate.  Bass wood sands much easier than birch ply!  Of course I drew a circle slightly larger than 2 inches on the front face and a circle equal to the circle in the filler piece, before gluing it to the filler piece.  Once dry I used my Dremel and a 1/8 router to do a rough cut out of the center of the nose ring.  Then a sanding drum followed by hand sanding to finish it up.

Where balsa met the G-10 motor mount I used 15 minute epoxy and everywhere else Pica Gluit.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:46:34 PM by Crist Rigotti »
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2015, 08:02:14 AM »
         "Mystery item for the day.  What is it and what is it used for?"   
My trained eye says its a popsicle stick used for shaping fillets.
.                      Bob

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2015, 03:56:03 PM »
         "Mystery item for the day.  What is it and what is it used for?"   
My trained eye says its a popsicle stick used for shaping fillets.
.                      Bob

Bob,
Good guess!  But that's not right.  Something else.  I'll reveal it in a day or so.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline James Mills

• Admiral
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2015, 04:31:45 PM »
Mystery item for the day.  What is it and what is it used for?
My guess is a template for the safety plug.

James
AMA 491167

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2015, 05:41:51 PM »
My guess is a template for the safety plug.

James

Another good guess.  But that ain't it!   :)
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »

Looking at the top photo in reply #60, are you building in a LOT of engine offset?

Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2015, 09:15:00 PM »

Looking at the top photo in reply #60, are you building in a LOT of engine offset?

Wayne,
Just my usual amount.  2 degrees right thrust.  It must be the angle of the camera that makes it look like a "lot".  Then again what is the definition of a lot?
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2015, 09:23:59 PM »
I worked on my forms to mold the top fuselage blocks.  The top will consist of 3 different molds.  The most forward will be used for the hatch and has the forward most part begin to taper down to fair in the spinner.  The middle block is basically straight across the top and the same width.  And the aft piece is tapered both directions.

I used 1/4 floor underlayment plywood and used Gorilla glue to glue 2 pieces together.  Very strong and stable.  The plywood formers are made form 2.5mm plywood.

I cut out the 1/16 formers from balsa using 7# wood and used the ply formers as the template before I glued them to the forms.  Once glued to the forms (medium CA), they were given a quick sanding and then the edges were blackened with a Sharpie magic marker as a sanding guide.  Tomorrow I'll glue in the 2# blue foam.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2015, 09:39:13 PM »
Then again what is the definition of a lot?

In this case, any.  ;D

Just sort of kidding there Crist, the photo does make it look more extreme than 2 degrees. Personally, I build 'em zero-zero. I figure since we're flying on a tether that automatically gives us a fair amount of built in "offset". Everyone's got their way. D>K

Wayne Willey

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2015, 09:54:39 PM »
In this case, any.  ;D

Just sort of kidding there Crist, the photo does make it look more extreme than 2 degrees. Personally, I build 'em zero-zero. I figure since we're flying on a tether that automatically gives us a fair amount of built in "offset". Everyone's got their way. D>K

10-4!  Stay warm.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »
Today I cut and glued the 2# blue foam on the forms.  I used Gorilla glue to do this.  After the glue dried, they were shaped with 120 grit sandpaper then followed up with 220 grit.  As you see them they have 2 coats of WBP on them.  I'll let them dry overnight and sand them again in the morning.  Probably a few more coats after that.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2015, 07:37:09 PM »
Wow, only 2 guesses so far on the mystery item!

The only hint I'll give is that it made from hard maple.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2015, 08:22:05 PM »

I'll take another shot at it. But I need one of your turtledeck forms if I get it right, ok ?
Bob

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2015, 10:11:15 PM »

I'll take another shot at it. But I need one of your turtledeck forms if I get it right, ok ?
Bob

You got it Bob.  Remember that my fuselage is about 3/8 wider than a gas L-40.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2015, 05:41:42 AM »
That is the thing that goes where it's supposed to be to do what it's supposed to do... Whatever it goes and whatever it does.... Right??? LL~
That is one of the cleanest builds I ever saw... Dope!!!

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

Offline James Mills

• Admiral
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2015, 07:27:26 AM »
That is the thing that goes where it's supposed to be to do what it's supposed to do... Whatever it goes and whatever it does.... Right??? LL~
That is one of the cleanest builds I ever saw... Dope!!!

Marcus
I like that answer, hard to argue.

James
AMA 491167

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2015, 01:39:58 PM »
You got it Bob.  Remember that my fuselage is about 3/8 wider than a gas L-40.
After spending many a hour analyzing your build drawing I've concluded it's not Part of the plane, it's an afterthought. Looking at the adjustable elevator I think I would want a  tool for adjusting the position of the elevator pushrod. The maple jig would lend itself well and you would tack 1/64"ply to the tool for stepping the pushrod up or down until you are done trimming the elevator.
 Rumplestiltskin is my name adjusting elevator is my game.
.                           Bob

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2015, 08:12:43 PM »
After spending many a hour analyzing your build drawing I've concluded it's not Part of the plane, it's an afterthought. Looking at the adjustable elevator I think I would want a  tool for adjusting the position of the elevator pushrod. The maple jig would lend itself well and you would tack 1/64"ply to the tool for stepping the pushrod up or down until you are done trimming the elevator.
 Rumplestiltskin is my name adjusting elevator is my game.
.                           Bob

Well Bob that is very clever, but still wrong.  You are right it is not part of the plane itself.  Tomorrow I'll reveal its identity.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »
Today the forms got several coats of WBP with a light sanding between coats.  Tomorrow I'll do some molding!  Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:39:29 AM by Crist Rigotti »
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »
Yeah but I'd move the windscreen profile back a bit. Copying you're old one would be perfect IMO, right down to the canopy framework detail and overall paint scheme. y1

Hi Wayne & Chris,
Yea I agree with Wayne, the turtle deck is the way to go.  But, perhaps moving the canopy forward would make it look little more of a jet look.  Moving it to the rear is more WWII fighter look, but either has a great look so go get em. 

Later,
Mikey

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2015, 05:30:42 PM »
Hi Wayne & Chris,
Yea I agree with Wayne, the turtle deck is the way to go.  But, perhaps moving the canopy forward would make it look little more of a jet look.  Moving it to the rear is more WWII fighter look, but either has a great look so go get em. 

Later,
Mikey

Hi Mike!

Good to hear from ya.  I really do agree with you guys on a turtle deck.  But I have to pass this time around.  I'm building this plane in memory of Allen and staying as close to the original design as possible.

Stay warm fellas.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2015, 05:37:55 PM »
Time to reveal the mystery item.  

It is a jig or form to mold a piece of 1/64 ply into a racetrack shape to line the tail wheel cut out in the bottom sheeting.  The cut out is shown on the plans.  Look carefully.  I'll use some 1/2 brass tubing sharpened to cut 2 1/2 circles and the connect them with my #11 blade.  Then the 1/64 ply will be trimmed to length and glued in the bottom sheeting.  Then sanded flush.  This will give me a clean, crisp edge!

I soak the ply in hot water for 1/2 hour then "stretch" it around the form and tape it into position.  Then let dry while people try to guess what it is!

The last picture is from the prototype L-40 where I did not do this.  Since then it is SOP.  The one before that is from another model where the bottom sheeting is molded.

Thanks for all you guessed.  I thought I'd break up the monotony of "then I glued this, and sanded that"......
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:58:35 PM by Crist Rigotti »
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2015, 05:52:55 PM »

Whoah. I would NEVER have guessed that.  ;D

Wayne Willey

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »
Arrgh!!! I saw that shape at the tailwheel but said nah, he wouldn't plug the access with maple, too heavy he's trying to build light. Never thought it would be a mold. Get back to the build log.
                                      Bob

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2015, 09:51:26 PM »
OK Bob.  Here are top blocks that are molded.  The front is the hatch, then the middle, then the aft piece.  The hatch and the middle  were molded using 1/16 7.6# balsa and the aft piece was molded using 6.7# balsa.

After they came off the forms the formers were glued in using thin CA.  The front and aft of the hatch are laminated with 1/32 Basswood to maintain a nice crisp edge while the bottom is 1/32 ply for strength.  The forward former is also laminated with 1/32 basswood.  These are the hatch parting surfaces and I want then nice.

The forward part of the hatch is held in position by a 1/16 ply 1/4 wide tongue.

Weights are the hatch is 11 grams, middle is 5 grams and the aft is 6 grams.  I made the hatch pretty beefy.  I could cut out some of the 1/32 ply bottom.

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2015, 12:47:25 PM »
That is awesome.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »
Thanks Doc.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2015, 01:41:36 PM »
See, I was right!!!
Cool build...

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2015, 10:20:54 AM »
How's the new LOG coming?
AMA 12366

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2015, 07:28:13 AM »
How's the new LOG coming?

Trying to decide on what colors to use for the finish.  Getting ready to Monokote the wing and stab.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2015, 05:21:43 PM »
Trying to decide on what colors to use for the finish.

LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Wayne Willey

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2015, 09:19:09 PM »
Lay a couple pointers on monokoting.I have a tough time around the canopy.
Bob

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here