News:

• May 21, 2024, 11:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Left-hand spinners  (Read 420 times)

Offline John Witt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Left-hand spinners
« on: March 21, 2011, 03:30:29 PM »
Anyone have a source/good experience to share for left hand spinners to fit our low-pitch pusher props?

Thanks,

John
John Witt
AMA 19892
Edmonds, WA
"Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Offline Will Moore

• Commander
Re: Left-hand spinners
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »
John;

Tru Turn at  http://www.truturn.com/index.html. Check them out. They make excellent spinners for electric and glow.

And they have fairly fast turn around.  A little expensive, but one of the best. y1
Things take longer to happen than you think they will,

Then they happen much faster than you thought they could.
 AMA # 209

Offline JohnPrator

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 04:07:09 PM »
Yep, I ordered from them and had noticed they offered left hand spinners. As said above the service was great and fast, had mine in about 3-4 days!
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »
John,
I have used regular electric spinners and even standard spinners (for the 3 blds) and simply squared off the opening to clear the blade root. I use a small 1/4" Dremel sanding drum in my drill press or electric drill to remove the material. One thing you need to do is mark the opening shape and then sand to that. I clean up the corner with a #11 knife and some 120 grit sand paper around a piece of 1/8" lite ply scrap with the edge rounded to get into the corner.

Best,          DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here