News:

• April 18, 2024, 09:55:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: KR timer rpm question  (Read 882 times)

Online Wes Lewis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
KR timer rpm question
« on: October 23, 2022, 06:46:35 PM »
With the stated rpm range between 7500 and 11700, I would assume it would be necessary to match the motor  KV and battery cells to keep it in that range in order to utilize the governor function, i.e. if too high a kv or extra cells are used that put the rpm range higher the governor is non functional is that correct?

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: KR timer rpm question
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 09:10:23 PM »
With the stated rpm range between 7500 and 11700, I would assume it would be necessary to match the motor  KV and battery cells to keep it in that range in order to utilize the governor function, i.e. if too high a kv or extra cells are used that put the rpm range higher the governor is non functional is that correct?

Short answer is yes.  The KR timer, when it first starts, goes to full RPMs for a short time.  During this time if the RPMs are out side of the acceptable range (too high or too low) the KR turns off the motor.  " i.e. if too high a kv or extra cells are used that put the rpm range higher the governor is non functional is that correct?"  Like I say it's worse than non functional.  It considers it a fault condition and turns off.   D>K
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 08:48:11 AM by John Rist »
John Rist
AMA 56277

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here