News:

• May 12, 2024, 07:56:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My wife pissed me off!  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
My wife pissed me off!
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »
I've been thinking about an ARF Electric Super Clown for a good while, but I figured I didn't need to spend all that money on a model plane, when I already have so many others around.  But, I recently found out my wife maxed out her credit card, and then opened up a couple more and maxed those out. I took them away and closed out the accounts.  Major expense it's going to take me a long time to pay off.  So, I figured if she could waste so much money with nothing to show for it, I could get a Super Clown ARF and electric package.  It comes out of her holiday/vacation fund.

So, I have a couple of questions.  1) Has the weak nose joint issue I've read about been fixed in the latest ARF's?  2) Are 60' .015 lines the best choice for this plane?  3) Which Brodak handle would be recommended.  I don't like handles with the molded finger recesses.  I prefer as simple as possible.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
Re: My wife pissed me off!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 02:08:58 PM »
I don't know if the mount has been fixed or not.

I simply cut the front ring off and set mine up for rear mount but then I did not use the Brodak motor package. I used a cheap motor from HobbyKing, a Hubin FM 9 timer and a Castle creations Phoenix 35 Amp ESC. I fly mine on 57.5 foot lines because I had a pair handy and I use an old red Hot Rock small handle.

Many ways to skin a cat.  ;D
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Rick_Huff

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 02:45:19 PM »
I bought an electric ARF Super Clown last year, and I don't think the weak nose issue has been "fixed".  The included fiberglass reinforcement cowl wasn't strong enough.  After several "hard landings" in which the nose ring broke away from the fuselage (tearing up the reinforcing cowl), I removed the cowl and fiberglassed the ring to the fuselage with some heavier glass than was in the reinforcing cowl and that has worked well.  It's easy to do and looks a lot better than the cowl too.

Rick

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 05:32:30 PM »
Mark you can start with the 60'.015" lines. Not likely you'd want them any longer and you can always shorten them if necessary.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »
Just wanted to give a big "Thanks" to Fred C.  He hooked me up with an awesome handle for the Super Clown.  Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks again Fred,
Mark

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here