News:

• May 02, 2024, 12:53:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kaz Timer from Japan?  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Kaz Timer from Japan?
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:59:29 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the Kaz timer?  TIA for your info.

A friend wants to get into ECL, when he found out that there were no other timers available he ordered a few from Kaz. One has my name on it so I will give a report when I get it. I like the fact that they come with a programmer. At about $135 for the system, and with Japanese quality, my guess is that it is a pretty good timer? Time will tell.
Rudy
AMA 1667

Alan Hahn

Re: Kaz Timer from Japan?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
Is this the same one that Randy Smith sells?

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:10:41 PM »

Yes it is the same unit I sell, I have several in stock  http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=5484.0

Randy

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=5484.0

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 10:43:16 PM »

Hi Alan,

The only timer I see on Randy's web site is the ZTRON. I don't know if he sells the Kaz timer system. I will call Randy tomorrow to find out.

A friend just sent me the instructions for the Kaz system. They are excellent. I really like my JMP timers, but Kaz has taken it to the next level with his programmer box. This box will make it VERY easy for someone to get into ECL. And it will also be easier to make very accurate adjustments at the field.
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:11:15 PM »
Yes it is the same unit I sell, I have several in stock  http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=5484.0

Randy

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=5484.0

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the reminder. I should have remembered your prior post. Sadly, memory fades for those of us past 50+.  ;-)

Please put me down for two timers, and two programmers. (I also sent you a PM.)

Regards,  H^^
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
Hi guys,

This is in response to Allan's request for more Kaz timer info (from another thread).

1. Will Moore and I received our Kaz timers with programing box, from Randy (thanks for the quick service Randy! :-)

2. There are TWO different instructions sheets out there. The short one, that Will received, leaves a lot to be desired. Randy sent me the Long 5 page instructions. These are GREAT! Very good translation, color diagrams, graphs, flight set up examples, and all the info you would ever need. I sent a copy to Will via color FAX. He was VERY happy with them, and relieved. Make sure you get the 5 page instructions.

3. Will has already set his up and played with it. Will promised me he will do a review very soon, and I asked him to post it here on Sparky's excellent forum. He said wilco.

4. In the meantime I can say this is an excellent unit. It is similar to the JMP but with 3 buttons. One for mode, one for UP one for DOWN movement within the logic tree in the programmer, and up and down on a value (time, pulse width, etc). The Programmer is worth it's weight in gold! It allows you to program the timer with perfect accuracy, with the ability to see exactly what you are doing at all times. It even allows you to "RUN" your programed flight right on the screen in real time to test that all your inputs are correct. It shows this to you on the screen using the "pulse width" at different phases of your flight. Ex. spike pulse width # at start up, back to low PW during the X seconds while you walk to handle, then the PW increase to TO power, PW during level, PW as spool down for landing, etc. until flight time ends.

5. IMHO: this unit is worth every penny.

6. BTW: It is also flat like the JMP, but with both plugs coming out the same side, stacked on top of each other. This makes the install as easy as the JMP.

I'm looking forward to flying mine soon, and looking forward to Will's full report here on SH. :-)

Regards,  H^^
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 06:50:08 PM by Rudy Taube »
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 11:44:51 AM »
2. There are TWO different instructions sheets out there. The short one, that Will received, leaves a lot to be desired. Randy sent me the Long 5 page instructions. These are GREAT! Very good translation, color diagrams, graphs, flight set up examples, and all the info you would ever need. I sent a copy to Will via color FAX. He was VERY happy with them, and relieved. Make sure you get the 5 page instructions.

Hi Rudy

There is only 1 instruction sheet it is 7 pages, it is the only one I have ever seen or had, I do not know what happened to Will's  but There is a 7 page sheet I mailed him yesterday.
If you only have 5 pages please let me know I will send you out a new copy

To be clear the instructions are 7 pages of print on 4or5 sheets of paper, or 7 -1 sided  sheets

Regards
Randy
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 12:30:43 PM by RandySmith »

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 06:47:06 PM »
Hi Randy,

Thanks for the follow up. I have the complete instructions you sent me with my Kaz timer and programmer. Like you said, they are on 4 pieces of paper, 7 pages of info., all in living color!

I remember seeing some shorter instructions for the Kaz Timer programmer on this forum  some time ago, they were not very clear. ...... The 7 page one you sent us is excellent. Thanks for clearing this up. :-)
Rudy
AMA 1667

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here