Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

JMP2 and JMP3 timers. What is the difference?

(1/1)

Crist Rigotti:
I've seen reference to a JMP3 timer here.  What is the difference and where can you get them?

Alan Hahn:
I would also be interested.

Mike Anderson:

--- Quote from: Crist Rigotti on August 14, 2008, 11:35:20 AM ---I've seen reference to a JMP3 timer here.  What is the difference and where can you get them?

--- End quote ---

Crist (et al) -

I've been waiting for someone more informed than me to answer, since I would also like to know.  I've just searched the BSD site, and it seems that the JMP's of any model are no longer in stock (at least their search function doesn't return any JMP models of CL timer).  I also did a search of this site, to find the references that you may have seen, and there don't seem to be any hits on "JMP-3" timers, only the -2 model.

My conclusion is that you may be thinking of the z-tron, which does have a -2 and now a -3 model, and that currently there are no available JMP to be had.

If anyone could provide info to the contrary, I'd be interested in it.

Mike A

Crist Rigotti:
Linehart Smith makes mention of his JMP3 timer in the thread "CC ESC parameters from Linehart" dated May 19, 2007:

These are my settings for the Electric Bearcat where with I get a Heli Gov run with two Blip warning before cut off:

1. Cutoff         Lipo
  2. Cutoff Type         Soft
  3. Brake Strength          50%
  4. Throttle Type         Heli: Fixed Points
  5. Brake Delay         1 sec
  6. Direction         Forward
  7. Brake Ramp         1 Min
  8. Motor Start Power      med. (59)
  9. PWM Rate         13khz
10. Throttle Response      High (
11. Current Limiting      Normal       (I have since changed this to "Sensitive" after losing a motor during a prop strike on take off.)
12. Motor Timing         Std. Adv.
13. Gov. Gain         Custom (93)
14. Spool-Up Speed      Med. (5)    Changed to "High"

The Electric Bearcat is the Classic legal version and was built from plans.
Wing Area  615  (including flaps)
Weight  60oz   ready to fly

The Power set is:

Mortor   Axi   2826/10
ESC       Castle Creation  Phonix 45  Software Ver 2.23
Timer     JMP3
Battery  Poly Quest  PQ-4000-4S
Prop      APC  12-6 Electric

Another instance from Linehart on the "Great Take-offs in Gov. Mode" dated April 29, 2007:

Rudy,

I am loving this "Heli Fixed point" mode.  With an APC 12-6 electric prop the Bearcat is flying insides and outsides, verticals and hour glass with proper line tension.  I can hear the prop sing differently on the verticals and overheads.

The 4000 amp hour polyquest are consistently recharging at 3.18 amps.  My JMP 3 timer is set for 34 secs
zero RPM.  Total time 5:15.  This is JUST enough time to complete the pattern.  The static RPM  starts out at about 9000 the settles quickly to 8600. 

Thats why I asked the question. Maybe Linehart just got the name wrong.

Yup, BSD Micro does not list the JMP2 timer any more.  I did read somewhere that JMP will make more as time goes on.

Mike Anderson:

--- Quote from: Crist Rigotti on August 17, 2008, 03:49:08 PM ---
Linehart Smith makes mention of his JMP3 timer in the thread "CC ESC parameters from Linehart" dated May 19, 2007:

Another instance from Linehart on the "Great Take-offs in Gov. Mode" dated April 29, 2007:

......Thats why I asked the question. Maybe Linehart just got the name wrong.

Yup, BSD Micro does not list the JMP2 timer any more.  I did read somewhere that JMP will make more as time goes on.

--- End quote ---

I bought mine last September or October from BSD when word was put out that they had gotten a new shipment -- it's a -2.  So I'm guessing that the -3 does not yet exist.

I did hear somewhere that Jean (? I think it is) has moved to the US and is not allowed to manufacture yet - there are some legal hoops to jump through.  When those hurdles are cleared, he is said to be interested in continuing the production and even the development of the timers.  Hopefully, that will be true.  In the meantime, we are quite happy with Will Hubin's units, though I still mean to get the JMP and the Z-tron flight tested yet this year - just too much good flying weather to spend time puttering around in the basement.

Mike @

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version