News:

• May 02, 2024, 01:54:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is there a "Plug n Play" option??  (Read 630 times)

Offline Wynn Robins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Is there a "Plug n Play" option??
« on: April 16, 2008, 06:14:29 PM »
I Have abosolutely no clue on electrics and all the rest of it, I have been reading a bit on the electrics for CL - and all the gibberish and formulas but it means nothing to me.

Is there a plug and play option for electric CL - I mean - something I can bolt onto a 60 sized ship (modified of course) that will get me going?
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
Re: Is there a "Plug n Play" option??
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 09:45:10 PM »
This thread will give you a starting point. http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=6322.0

To pin point the power system we will need to know more than a ".60 size ship". The biggest hurdle I find new electric fliers run into is the budget. If the budget is not a problem Kim and Paul have the prooven setup that should work for most ".60 ships".

Motor-Plettenberg Orbit 30-12
ESC-Schulze Future 18.46K F2B
Battery-Thunder Power 5S 4000-4200mah
Timer-Your choice

Mike

Alan Hahn

Re: Is there a "Plug n Play" option??
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 08:54:55 AM »
I Have abosolutely no clue on electrics and all the rest of it, I have been reading a bit on the electrics for CL - and all the gibberish and formulas but it means nothing to me.

Is there a plug and play option for electric CL - I mean - something I can bolt onto a 60 sized ship (modified of course) that will get me going?

As Mike details, there is a "Plug and Pay" option! ;)

I am no help there--heck I have never even flown a 60 size glow plane, preferring the 40 size plane. In that arena, my costs including 4 batteries are at the $420 level (not including charger&powersuppy which is ~$150 more). Flying weight of my motor, battery, ESC, timer +misc wires is 14oz. 60 size only goes up from here.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here