News:

• April 28, 2024, 11:22:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: In Theory  (Read 420 times)

Offline Larry Wong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
In Theory
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:50:34 PM »
With electric motors and ESC. What would be a good lap time to shoot for?
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
Re: In Theory
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 11:23:11 PM »
one where you are comfortable flying.......it differs from person to person - most (I think) aim for around 5.3 - but some planes dont like that - and some pilots dont either
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Russell Bond

• Bandolero
  • AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 07:03:23 AM »
I've found that I can fly at least .1 to .2 seconds/lap slower than my IC models as the electric setups don't slow down so much through maneuvers.
Lap times are only a guide, it is the time through the maneuvers that is more important.
Vertical eight is a good example; on an IC model it tends to slow a little through the top loop, the electrics power around that top loop with more speed and line tension. Pusher props also give a bit more line tension through that top loop along with all the other high outside loops, eg. overhead eight and cloverleaf.
If you used to fly a given model at 5.3/lap (for example), you could try 5.4 and I think you'll find that you will still have the same performance through the pattern.

I've gone from 5.3/lap to 5.5 with more line tension (on a similar model) and when I converted my Yatsenko Classic to electric, it went from 5.2/lap to 5.4 with the same (or more) performance.  ;D
Bandolero

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 08:04:43 AM »
Know that is what I thought , pusher prop. is a plus and same speed through the manuvers makes it easer.
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here