Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Icelite Castle 50A ESC with Climb and Dive - UPDATE

(1/5) > >>

Paul Taylor:
So I had issues with my old dawg and testing the C&D with a Castle ESC.

The motor would start then after a few seconds it shut down. After changing to Airplane mode I get a fast startup blip spin, and now it runs.
Here are my settings. Let me know if you see anything else that might need changing.

Dennis Toth:
Paul,
The only thing you didn't show was the Cutoff tab. I have had a similar issue. What worked for me was to set the current cutoff to normal, voltage cutoff to soft and current cutoff to hard fast. This allows the punch to start (which was the issue I had, with a high motor start power) without going over current.

Best,    DennisT

Paul Taylor:
Thanks I’ll get a screen shot and post/correct. 👍🏼

CircuitFlyer:
I’m just reading this to try and learn some things. Question about Throttle type: Auto calibrate endpoints. Is that not just for the RC guys?  They have the ability to change transmitters and fiddle with travel/endpoints. I would think for control line you would want Throttle type: Fixed endpoints.

What is the throttle response setting?  Using an external governor I would think the ESC needs to react as fast as possible to any throttle changes.

BTW - the timer outputs a min throttle signal pulse width of 950 microseconds and a max throttle signal of 2000 microseconds. The brief start up spin is a 1090 microsecond signal.

Paul Taylor:

--- Quote from: Dennis Toth on December 09, 2023, 02:57:12 PM ---Paul,
The only thing you didn't show was the Cutoff tab. I have had a similar issue. What worked for me was to set the current cutoff to normal, voltage cutoff to soft and current cutoff to hard fast. This allows the punch to start (which was the issue I had, with a high motor start power) without going over current.

Best,    DennisT

--- End quote ---

Cut off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version