News:

• May 09, 2024, 02:04:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I goofed - TWICE!!!!  (Read 499 times)

Offline Wynn Robins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
I goofed - TWICE!!!!
« on: February 15, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »
well, I got the legacy out for  test flight - takeoff was "swift" to say the least - plane flew well for a level lap and a half - then the prop threw a blade - and vibrated so bad the front end came away at the motor mount.......

No1 lesson learnt - dont leave a thin electric prop on the plane when you transport it in the back of a car and have it resting on the prop.......they break.

(legacy is re-built now, with a fair bit more bracing/strengthening to the nose)

second goof - I epoxied the motor box shown in my post down the forum a bit onto the fuse sides......glued up in a jig with the top of the fuse down - all snug and level - forgot I had 1/16th triangular fillets on the front only - so now have 1/16th  downthrust on the motor mount......

No 2 Lesson learnt - dont glue things together at 12midnight - especially after you have been working all day and looking after your kid at night...........

oh well - I guess i can put a packer/spacer in front of the motor to level it out......
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Warren Leadbeatter

• AUS-14782
  • Captain
    • My Home Page
Re: I goofed - TWICE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 05:12:06 AM »
Sounds like we need someone to invent a remote control cutoff.  Like a wireless key remote, but with a small/light weight receiver on the airplane that activates the start/stop switch. Only to be used in emergencies of course.

Warren Leadbeatter
Port Stephens, Australia
AUS-14782

Offline linheart smith

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 08:33:33 AM »
Wynn,

Don't feel lonely. 

We all make mistakes. 

Linheart

linheart

Offline bob branch

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »
And Murphy doesn't only fly glow, he's into electrics too!

bob branch :o

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here