News:

• May 09, 2024, 07:58:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: source for electric  (Read 487 times)

Offline John KruziK

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
source for electric
« on: January 03, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »
Where can I buy all the parts and pieces to start flying electric. Thanks
AMA 874027

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: source for electric
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »
Hi John,

My son got lucky and found a complete ARF set up for about 1/4-1/3 the "listed" price.  Got the ARF plane kit and motor set up for less than half the price of the motor set up alone.  It's not a "full blown stunter", but it is complete down to everything but a power source to power the charger.  Seems no one includes a power source for the charger for some strange reason, but......

It is the Brodak ARF Electric Super Clown, developed by our own Dennis Adamisin.  And Brodak has more than one of these combos I understand, different sizes.  But, and I have on my flame retardant flak jacket, it was STILL kinda expensive.  But then that part is all "relative".  Over the long "amortized" run, Electric is cheaper.  The start up can be as high as you want it to be , price wise. ;D

There are quite a few "complete set ups" available, but none seem completely "complete"! LL~ LL~

Many more will chime in, I am sure. ;D

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 08:37:57 PM »
Hi John,
 Lets start with a plane and then we can figure out what you need. What plane would you like to set up? Between the list your set up page here and all of us out here we will then have you up and flying in no time. The 2 items that most of us out here will probably agree on for someone starting out is one of the speed controllers made by castle creations(which one depends on the size of the plane) and a Will Hubin FM 9 timer setup. It is by far the easiest one out there to use. The rest depends on what you want and how you intend to use it and your budget.
William
AMA 98010

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 09:39:51 PM »
John,

In addition to the Brodak electric systems, you may want to look at the excellent high quality "Hacker" electric system from Eric Rule at RSM. Eric's system is a true "Turn Key" complete ready to fly electric CL power system that uses the very high quality, reliable Hacker motor and ESC with a Hubin Timer, along with one of the best batteries available, Thunder Power. It is designed to power any of the common size CL planes in the 500 sq. in. to 600 sq. in. area wings. This covers the vast majority of CL kits, plans built, and ARF/ARCs available. The nice thing about Eric's system is that all the settings are preset for you to help you get in the air with electric power right out of the box.  His web site is:

http://RSMDistribution.com/index-2.htm

You can also get a very good, well tested, electric CL power system form Randy Smith. Randy also designs and sells some of the most successful and beautiful CLPA planes available. Randy also makes some of the best wet power engines in the world. They are very powerful, reliable, beautiful to look at, and built to the highest standards. It is nice for us that Randy also sells CL electric power systems. :-) .... Here is the link:

http://www.aeroproduct.net/

The above will get you equipment that is set up for CL. I highly recommend that you start with one of the above three distributers, they understand what is needed for electric CL, and their systems have been well proven in the electric CL community. AFTER using one of these, and you learn more about ECL, then there is the entire world of electric RC systems to choose from if you want to experiment on your own. 

Please don't forget to go to the top of this section and click on the sticky to see what others are using for a similar size plane to yours. I'm sure one of the above three suppliers will provide the equipment you need.  :)

Don't worry, your transition to ECL will be easier than you thought. There is plenty of help available from the above three suppliers, and here on Dean's excellent forum. Welcome to the wonderful world of electric power.   
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:49:20 AM by Rudy Taube »
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline John KruziK

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 06:43:17 AM »
I don't have a specific plane yet, but it will be a classic .35-.40 size plane.
AMA 874027

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here