News:

• April 28, 2024, 09:55:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Great Self Adjusting wire stripper - cheap!!  (Read 601 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Great Self Adjusting wire stripper - cheap!!
« on: February 16, 2008, 04:18:14 PM »
All,

As I was starting to get things wired up I decided that I should have some proper tools. In prior posts I talked about the Sears Clamp on amp meter and Tom H and Dean P added some information and I got the cheaper clamp on because it did the job for the right price. Today I came across a wire stripper in Pep Boys auto store that is one of those "As Seen On TV" tools that Billy somebody pitches. This is the type that you put the wire in and squeeze a handle and it strips off the insulation. I tried several places looking for this type of stripper but had all but given up when I saw this one in Pep Boys. I checked the price, it was $3.95!!!!! I figured what the heck to go to the Sears store at the mall would be almost that cost in gas. I bought it thinking that if I got half a dozen wires stripped OK. I was supprised when I opened that plastic package and found that it was all metal construction not plastic as I had thought it would be. The I tried it and it works great. So if you are looking for a good easy to use wire stripper check this one out it called the "Quik Strip" does wire 12 to 24 gauge, can do several strands at a time on the package the give a web site: www.quikstrip.com

Best,        Dennis

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here