News:

• April 23, 2024, 10:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gens Ace batteries  (Read 636 times)

Offline Daniel_Munro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Gens Ace batteries
« on: February 11, 2021, 05:14:23 PM »
Hi y’all

So down here in New Zealand it can be a struggle getting hold of really good batteries for F2B models. There is a Hobbyking warehouse in Australia where I can get Zippy 5s and 6s packs from but I’ve found them hit and miss, they also don’t tend to have a huge cycle life. We can get Hyperion but they’re rubbish!

I’ve just updated the system in my Max Bee to the Axi 2826 F2B with Igor active timer and Jeti Spin 66. Next come the choice of battery to use. I got hold of the NZ importer of Gens Ace batteries and asked them to get me some 6s 2600mah packs. They’re a little heavier than the Zippy 2700mah at 392g. Though I’ve owned a set of Gens Ace 4s 3300mah for a number of years and they’re still top top shape.

Last weekend I flew the Max with the new system for the first time and I am pleased to say that the Gens Ace 6s packs are awesome! They come out of the model cool as a cucumber and  I was very surprised to find that I was left with 27%. The extra weight doesn’t appear to be a problem for the model. In fact it feels to be flying better with a few more grams. Now to see how long the batteries will last, I am hoping for several hundred cycles from them like my older 4s packs, time will tell.

Just thought I’d post my experiences in case anyone else is curious about the performance of these packs.
NZL7396

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Gens Ace batteries
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 05:59:46 PM »
Thanks for the report.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX