News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:21:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FYI: CC Updated to 3.18  (Read 523 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
FYI: CC Updated to 3.18
« on: October 11, 2009, 08:17:35 PM »
I see where Castle has updated (late last week) their software to version 3.18.  The listed changes as described do not look like they will affect us...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Alan Hahn

Re: FYI: CC Updated to 3.18
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 08:38:51 PM »
I see where Castle has updated (late last week) their software to version 3.18.  The listed changes as described do not look like they will affect us...

All I can say is that if you are happy with what you have, I wouldn't update until some other sucker guy does it first and says it  works fine with his CL setup ! ;)

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 09:57:50 PM »
Dennis,
I was flying today and experienced the "tick".  It happend on the 3rd flight just as I was entering the 3 inside loops.  I experienced it once before about 3 weeks ago just as the plane was launched and the wheels broke ground.  I'm going to update my v3.161 controllers.  But I'm still keeping my v3.13 controller a v3.13 till I can do another comparison.  With the weather closing in on us that might not happen.  Here is what is listed in the Phoenix rev history:

Auto-Rotate mode now works in 'Heli-Fixed' (not governor) mode

Auto-Rotate engage is now a quicker and more linear ramp

ICE Controllers could (incorrectly) quickly ramp to full throttle if in governor mode

Occasional motor 'tick' while running has been removed

Improved ability to run some outrunner-style motors, especially very high-inductance motors

I think the statement about improved ability might have fixed my problems.

Edit:  I can get the v3.18 software to work on my Vista machine when I right click on the desktop icon and run as adminstrator.  I've never had to do that before.  I have 3 CC-45 controllers 1 each with v3.13/2.11, v3.16/2.161, and v3.18/2.18.  Maybe I can do some indoor testing Monday.  I'll let you know.  We know that v3.16/2.161 version is not what we want.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:41:54 PM by Crist Rigotti »
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Alan Hahn

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »
Sorry for being a PITA! n1--oh heck, I like being a PITA sometimes. #^

However I've been keeping track of the CC forum over on RCGroups, and the firmware is definitely in a state of flux. I am not sure how it affects CL setups, but there have been some scary results on Heli's (an I note Crist's posts over there).

So like I said, IF you aren't having any issues with your current version, I wouldn't download anything until the issues are settled. I am NOT sure if it is only an ICE problem or it affects all the Phoenix ESC's.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here