News:

• April 27, 2024, 09:58:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Full Tank ?  (Read 599 times)

Offline Larry Wong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Full Tank ?
« on: July 22, 2008, 07:22:09 PM »
How can I tell if the tank is full when the volt says 14.8 - 16.2 ? Monday I must have forgotten if I had change battery after flight, when I try to fly again the arming sound on ESC and timer, but when I try to start all I got was a shutter on the prop then nothing.  I guess I'm still new to E - flight, as Sunday I had 6 flight and all were perfit time of flight about 5.3 min. and had 25% left in tank, according to FMA 10 cell pro. charger.... HB~>
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Full Tank ?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 08:02:33 PM »
Get one of these.  Very handy for checking the status and condition of the cells in your battery pack.  http://www.hobby-lobby.com/cellmeter.htm
Jim Vigani

Alan Hahn

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:40:10 PM »
I am not sure what you are using now, but a fresh 4s lipo battery should have something around 16.4V or higher (16.8 when it comes off the charger)---or 4.1 to 4.2V per cell. It is basically a depleted pack at 3.7V per cell or 14.8V for a 4s.

All that being said, I have been there and done that. n1 Now when I remove a pack from the plane, I make sure I put it away from the fresh packs.

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 08:46:49 PM »
Alan Your right that's what reading I get out of the charger, just have to keep them stright, charge and discharged, I charge 2 batteries at the same time, and sometimes I forget which is which, Hummmm   Z@@ZZZ Z@@ZZZ
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline walterbro

• walter brownell
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 07:18:40 AM »
Larry
There is a simple way to "mark" your charged batteries. It was posted on this forum
some time ago and it works. Get some small rubber bands and put one on each battery when you charge it. Then when you put battery in for flight remove the rubber band. If you forget to remove it before you fly you can always remove it
after flight. I have adopted this in all my practice flights.
 Walt

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here