News:

• May 04, 2024, 07:19:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Foam Shark 15  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Jeffrey Olijar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Foam Shark 15
« on: August 27, 2008, 03:34:36 PM »
I am working on a foam shark 15 and I thought I would share my progress with everyone.  so far I have cut out the 5mm foam pieces and glued the body pices together.  I still need to make a motor mount and glue/tape all the pieces together.

for those of you curious about my power system
BP 2212-10 Brushless Motor
BP 18 Amp esc
Polyquest 3 cell 1800 mah lipo
ztron timer
8x4 gws prop w/propsaver

« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:16:55 AM by Jeffrey Olijar »
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Alan Hahn

Re: Foam Shark 15
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 12:40:02 PM »
Cool, let us know how it works out. I always liked 15 sized planes.

Offline Jeffrey Olijar

• Lieutenant
Re: Foam Shark 15
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:04:06 PM »
need to redo the wing.  I dont like the way it came out.  I think im going to run a 1/4 spar down the center to see if I can stiffen it up.  still waiting on ztron timer and lipo charger before i can fly it.

well... version one is in about 5 or 6 pieces...   I need to find a better way to mount the battery on the wing.  I was holding it on with 3 rubber bands but it was no good.  the wing I made with the spar was too flimsy and broke in half while I was flying...  no damage to the electronics.  broke my last e-prop so I will have to order more  HB~>.  tomorrow I will work on redesigning the plane.  I think if I sheet the body with 1/32 or 1/16 balsa and cut lightning holes in the foam it will be much more ridged.  I think I will do the same for the wing.  I wonder if monokoat will stick to foam?  I will have to test it.  In the 3 laps and half loop I did get the plane seemed very stable.   I think it has alot of potential.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:31:09 PM by Jeffrey Olijar »
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here