News:

• May 01, 2024, 09:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: First motor almost finished.  (Read 564 times)

Offline jim gilmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
First motor almost finished.
« on: July 08, 2008, 10:34:37 PM »
Well I've wound my first motor giving it 15 winds of the stock 26 awg. Only promblem I'm having is getting the snap ring on. Not sure if there are special plier for it and what are the correct pliers. Hoping sonbody can point me to a link for the correct tool.
I should have battery and charger by next month.

Alan Hahn

Re: First motor almost finished.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 08:44:55 AM »
Jim,
There undoubtedly is a tool, but I just get it started in the groove and then either use some pliers to get it the rest of the way, or a light tap from a hammer. Don't recall right now! I bought some extra for obvious reasons!

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
Re: First motor almost finished.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:58 PM »
From the limited information provided, it sounds like you need "True-Arc" pliers.  They come in two versions, Internal and External.  You need "External" I think.

Internal True-Arc pliers compress the ring, like a regular pair of pliers, when squeezed.
External Tru-Arc pliers expand the ring when squeezed. 

The Internal pliers are made similar to regular pliers with two crossed pieces of metal. When you squeeze the handles the jaws move closer together.

The External pliers are made with two pieces of metal that are hinged but do not cross.  When you squeeze the handles the jaws move farther apart.

Hope this helps.  I got mine at Radio Shack several years ago.

Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here