News:

• March 29, 2024, 09:03:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: first flight  (Read 939 times)

Online Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
first flight
« on: August 16, 2021, 03:00:02 PM »
Yesterday, with no rain for once, I was able to test fly my Max Bee. Needs about 300 more rpm, other wise flies great. With more speed I could have done the entire pattern.  It's at 5.8 per lap, I want 5.2. More testing..
Ty Marcucci

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: first flight
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 04:04:09 PM »
Yesterday, with no rain for once, I was able to test fly my Max Bee. Needs about 300 more rpm, other wise flies great. With more speed I could have done the entire pattern.  It's at 5.8 per lap, I want 5.2. More testing..
Don't sacrifice it's fantastic turn and lock capability by flying it too fast.  5.2 might be more than you need.  Did you use logarithmic flaps?

Ken

Just asked one of our locals that flies a Max Bee what his likes.  He says 5.3.  My Endgame which is nearly identical to the Max Bee aerodynamically liked 5.4.  So maybe 5.2 ain't a bridge too far afterall!

Ken Again
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 04:26:12 PM »
I saw the flight.  The Max Bee looks great in the air.  Ty is correct, it was slow. However it did do beautiful smooth loops.   The great thing about electric is they don't slow down when you pull up into a loop.  The other good thing about electric it's easy to jack up the RPMs.  Looking forward to see the Max Bee do the full pattern.   y1
John Rist
AMA 56277

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 09:07:29 PM »
No, just regular flaps. Heck, I can't even spell "logasrrythmic". LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
Ours are/were regular flap too.  I am putting them in my new build.  They are not complicated and I can't wait to fly the pattern with more flap in rounds and less in corners.  Combine that with an active timer and it should fly itself.  Don't feel bad, I can't spell it either without spell check! LL~

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 01:32:50 AM »
The Logarithmic device DOES take some getting used to.

There is a real difference between control input/response depending on the type of corner you want.

Personally? I see the benifits in some manouvers, but Ive know people who have run it vs not running it and I would fall into that camp that feels its not really improving the system.

Here is what I want : consistent corners everytime. Is having a noticeable difference in flap drive depending on your manouver conducive to consistency?

As I said you need to get used to what it does.

As for lap times. I personally dont like "generic lap times"

5.8 is slow for any plane. With long lines and plenty of drive 5.5 was considered slow years ago but not today.

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here