News:

• May 05, 2024, 04:48:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: First E-Flight  (Read 974 times)

Offline Jeffrey Olijar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
First E-Flight
« on: August 29, 2008, 09:01:31 PM »
I got all the stuff for my power system so I had to try it out.  I bolted it to a 1/2A super looper and away I went.  the plane was unbalanced and jumpy but I think that the system has alot of potential.  here is a video of said flight. 
[youtube=425,350]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cM1VXKZX-8s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cM1VXKZX-8s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: First E-Flight
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:45:55 AM »
Jeff,

Good show, once you get the balance better it will be more fun (I had the same condition on my Test ship). What was the set up?

Best,         Dennis

Offline Jeffrey Olijar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 09:35:40 AM »
BP 2212-10 brushless
BP 18 Amp Esc
Polyquest 1800mah Lipo
Ztron timer

I had a prop saver but when I spun the motor to full speed the prop would vibrate like crazy.

I figured out why it was jumping around so much.  the stab was only held on with the fwd part so when I gave it down it was the whole tail giving down instead of just the elevator.   HB~> at least I didnt toast my battery. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:26:23 AM by Jeffrey Olijar »

Offline Jeffrey Olijar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 07:04:07 PM »
after I fixed the super looper I gave it another go today.  I made it 1 and a half laps and the timer wire came off.  hit the ground like a ton of bricks and bent the prop shaft.  (oh and it messed up the airplane pretty good to.)  not to mention my battery is at 97% and I have no way to discharge it down to storage capacity.  I ordered a new motor and replacement parts for the one I have here.  I have just about finished testing this power system and am ready to put it into something permanent.  VD~

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 07:53:40 PM by Jeffrey Olijar »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here