News:

• April 23, 2024, 11:25:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mixing Mah Capacity  (Read 256 times)

Offline Darkstar1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Mixing Mah Capacity
« on: April 01, 2024, 12:28:57 PM »
Question,
Would it be possible to Mix a Li-ion 2800Mah cell with 3 2850Mah cells Or should they be all The same?

Thanks
Darrell.
Later,
Evolve or get left behind!

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
Re: Mixing Mah Capacity
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 02:05:23 PM »
Short answer is I wouldn't do it.  What discharge rating are the cells in question?  You are kinda missing a lot of important cell performance parameters in your question.  Best to keep everything the same brand/type/rating.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 02:23:49 PM »
Question,
Would it be possible to Mix a Li-ion 2800Mah cell with 3 2850Mah cells Or should they be all The same?

Thanks
Darrell.
In theory it should work but I wouldn't do it.  Biggest problem would be the charger not recognizing that the smaller cell is fully charged and overcharging.  Could explode.  If you do it, charge it outdoors.  If it works at all, the pack mah will be that of the smallest cell.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Darkstar1

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 02:04:51 PM »
Thanks
I was thinking along the lines of not doing it for flying packs anyway. These were pulled out from some laptop batteries that were not being used. Just as well, one cell was so hot after charging on the laptop I had to throw that battery out any way. These batteries will serve their purpose as practice for building packs for some 4&6s Packs that will be used for flying. I plan to spot weld as much as I can and the rest will have to be soldered.

Thanks Again
Darrell.
Later,
Evolve or get left behind!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here