Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Fiorotti Timer

<< < (2/25) > >>

Fred Underwood:
deleted, duplicate

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Fred Underwood on October 15, 2021, 09:25:28 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Fred:  If I go from an 11-6 three to an 11-6 two, how much should I be upping RPM PWM1?  Right now it is at 215 which was where I flew it on the 3 blade.  That gave me somewhere around 9,000.  I am thinking maybe 230?.  Should be about 9,700. That is what I ran my Cobra 3520 on using an 11-6 two blade APC or MAS.  I am testing two new BA wood props.

Does changing RPM automatically adjust MAX/MIN?

Ken

Fred Underwood:
The Max and Min rpm settings slide up and down with the base rpm to keep the deltas the same, I think in all of the V6 versions.  For a one time check, when you change rpm, check after change to be sure that the Max/'Min changed.

There are 400 steps in RPM setting.  My experience is that a step is about 8 - 12 rpm.  On my 12 x 5 Igor 3 blade the rpm is about about 400 lower than with the 11 x 5 3 blade and that is about 35 steps (not actual PWM number, but timer steps) lower.  That is in the 10.8k down to 10.4k rpm range.  Interesting that my 235 number gives about 10.4 and 275 gives about 10.8k rpm.  I think that you get some variation on the actual number based on other timer and ESC settings. 

I used the Xoar wood 2 blades and they worked well and are light weight.  Not very expensive, but can be hard to find.

I hope that helps.

Fly a minute or so and check your lap time or run the risk of killing a battery, or having a long slow flight :-)

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Fred Underwood on November 17, 2021, 05:27:11 PM ---I used the Xoar wood 2 blades and they worked well and are light weight.  Not very expensive, but can be hard to find.

--- End quote ---
I ran it up on the BadAss 11-6 and I think I am going to up the base to 250 for my first flight tests.  The BA was very smooth and quiet.  I have used the XOAR on smaller motors.  Liked them.  Ultimate goal is a good CF three blade.  Thanks for the help.
Ken

Mark wood:

--- Quote from: Larry Wong on October 15, 2021, 02:10:40 PM ---has anyone have idea on how to extend the start button on a full fuselage ? HB~>

--- End quote ---

The start button is my singular not so happy place on this timer. Mine is simply installed the way Rogerio states in the installation instructions with a piece of command strip. Seems to work okay but needs to be squished back in sometimes. I gave up on making a fancy mount and went for two holes drilled in the side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version