News:

• April 25, 2024, 09:43:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fiorotti Timer  (Read 22112 times)

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Fiorotti Timer
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2023, 07:18:03 AM »
I would by 10% and reset to 1 minute flight time just be safe.

Man after 60+ years of running IC, having to learn everything all over again is, well FUN!   Thanks, I am going to do just that!

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2023, 10:50:19 AM »
Man after 60+ years of running IC, having to learn everything all over again is, well FUN!   Thanks, I am going to do just that!

Ken
No kidding...lol Be ready though, as you said the timer is supposed to detect cell counts so reducing the value could reduce the rpm, please let us know how it goes. 
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2023, 07:19:04 PM »
No kidding...lol Be ready though, as you said the timer is supposed to detect cell counts so reducing the value could reduce the rpm, please let us know how it goes. 
Crist Rigotti runs the same rig I do and he thinks it will not affect the RPM's too but alas, we may never know.  Turns out that the 6s that I have are equipped with XT-60's and the ship in question has Deans.  Such is life.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2023, 08:58:48 PM »
Crist Rigotti runs the same rig I do and he thinks it will not affect the RPM's too but alas, we may never know.  Turns out that the 6s that I have are equipped with XT-60's and the ship in question has Deans.  Such is life.

Ken

These are handy.
https://www.amazon.com/Venom-XT60-Deans-Battery-Adapter/dp/B007S8FE76/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=xt60+to+deans+adapter&sr=8-13
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2023, 09:55:05 PM »

Ken

I didn't think that it changed rpm, but you seemed to indicate that it did when you switched before.  Easy to check with a tach, 5s and then 6s and then not waste flying time at the field.  The adapters would make it possible to  check and see what you get before investing in batteries or changing plugs.
Fred

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2023, 02:10:29 PM »
When I started with the Fiorotti timer, I tried a Castle ESC.  It worked in the sense of powering up and flying, but the response was too slow for changing rpm, so the acceleration and deceleration were slight behind needed.  It worked at a sport level, but not for competition.  That is a basic problem for accelerometers.  It will likely take someone trying it to find out, but my guess is that it will be too slow.  On the other hand, the price is not bad for a trial.

Programming looks to be RC transmitter only at  least for now.  Some of the brands share programming cards, again found by trial and error.  In the print, the seller say that multiple parameters can be set by remote control and then the defaults can be restored by remote control, presumably meaning RC transmitter.
Fred

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2023, 05:04:40 PM »
Could be worth the price just for the copper.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Robertc

• Commander
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2023, 02:00:38 PM »
Is there an equal to the Jeti Spin 66 - non pro for the active timers?

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2023, 08:26:37 AM »
Just hoping someone might know if a Fiorotti is DOA if it no longer sends an arming signal to the ESC.  I am unclear whether this is hardwired or firmware.  I suspect it is hardwired on the circuit board so I am SOL but it is worth asking.  At least it can be used to test mount in a new plane along with the burned up motor I have.

In a fit of stupidity, I didn't check the plugs and got the power lead on the wrong pin.  At $90+shipping @ it may be worth trying to fix, if it can be fixed.

It is a shame that we can't make the cable connections "fool proof".  It really isn't that hard.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Vitalis Pilkionis

• Commander
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2023, 01:41:37 PM »
Can someone who actually uses Fiorotti Timer tell me if there is possibility to adjust braking intensity independently from acceleration? The goal is to make braking to kick much earlier and harder than accelerating.
Thanks for your input!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 02:53:17 PM by Vitalis Pilkionis »

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2023, 05:34:25 PM »
Can someone who actually uses Fiorotti Timer tell me if there is possibility to adjust braking intensity independently from acceleration? The goal is to make braking to kick much earlier and harder than accelerating.
Thanks for your input!
I don't think there is.  There is only one setting for sensitivity.  I have to admit, it would be nice. I have two places that the brake kicks when it shouldn't.  The 4th corners of the Wingover and the Hourglass.  If I hit them hard the motor nearly stops for a split second.  I just live with it because it is not causing any real problem.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2023, 06:26:00 AM »
Maybe in future updates that will be available.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

• Commander
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2023, 07:21:59 AM »
Maybe in future updates that will be available.

Please make that ASAP. Standard symmetrical adjustment of sensitivity is not enough, because some people (like me) doesn't have quick reaction and therefore require much more time to control trajectory in the bottom part of maneuvers.

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2023, 07:25:13 PM »
Please make that ASAP. Standard symmetrical adjustment of sensitivity is not enough, because some people (like me) doesn't have quick reaction and therefore require much more time to control trajectory in the bottom part of maneuvers.

I don't have anything to do with programming the timer.  I am just a user.  Maybe let Fiorotti know your feelings.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Rogerio Fiorotti

• Lieutenant
    • Control Line by Fiorotti
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2023, 06:39:31 AM »
Friends,

Decreasing the RPM_Max setting will solve most of the above cases. I can add two Sensitivity adjustments "Acceleration and Deceleration or Brake" without any problems. The current setting already has a differential where it accelerates more than it brakes with the same setting.

I got great help from Fred Underwood with writing the manual, my English is bad. Attached manual to help everyone.

For sending a private message rogerio@cltimer.com

Rogerio Fiorotti

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2023, 08:27:55 AM »
This is exactly why I use this timer.  Thank You!

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline dc stunt

• Ensign
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2023, 07:38:33 PM »
I have been using Fioratti 6.5v and I am
Loving it . G force can be independently adjusted where as 6.4 the brake/Acc is equal.
Play with min setting and also go to esc Manuel braking to change braking strength and speed of brake plus
Using a higher c battery. Hope this help, cheers.

L-201

• Commander
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2023, 03:46:32 AM »
I can add two Sensitivity adjustments "Acceleration and Deceleration or Brake" without any problems.

Yes, that would be really nice to have.
Thanks, Rogerio.

Vitalis P.

• Commander
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2023, 11:55:33 AM »
Has anyone got new version of the timer with separate sensitivity adjustment for acceleration and deceleration?
Is there any way to upgrade firmware without sending it to Brasil?

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2023, 11:37:31 AM »
I am considering using a cheaper ESC for a project.  Will the timer work correctly with the BadAss 35?  The project will be a twin and the prospect of putting 2 Spin 33's in it has my wallet vibrating. 

Ken

Oh - can someone answer Vitalis question in the last post?
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2024, 09:22:28 AM »
OK, the wallet survived the Spin 33 dual ESC's.  Now I have a specific Fiorotti question that I have posed on other threads but I am hoping to get an answer from the Fiorotti community.  If you are using two ESC's in a twin it is suggested that the following be done:

#1 The On/Off switch for EXC#2 be left in the Off position permanently.
#2 The power lead (red wire) from the #2 BEC be cut.
Is this correct?  Inquiring minds want to know. And:
#3 Will the ESC or Timer be damaged if the Red Wire is Not cut?
#4 Does the Jeti box connected to the timer #3 set of pins (bottom set) get it's power from the center pin?

Ken
Oh - still waiting for an answer to Vitalis question below.  FYI I have one of the newer timers but have not used it yet.
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Advertise Here
Tags: button 

Advertise Here