News:

• April 19, 2024, 09:12:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fiorotti inverted  (Read 640 times)

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
Fiorotti inverted
« on: August 15, 2020, 11:18:58 AM »
Flying with a bit of a breeze and the plane seems to struggle a bit heading into the wind inverted, is there an adjustment in the Jeti?
Thanks
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Fiorotti inverted
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »
Struggle how?  Describe the difference in behavior between upright and inverted, please.

I'd be kind of surprised if Rogiero* Fiorotti made the timer so that it would work differently upright and inverted.  It's physically possible, though (in fact, you have to specifically make the software so it works the same in both attitudes).  He'd have put a menu entry in there that's specific to that, and whatever the effect is, he'd have made it so that the timer is shipped with that feature turned off (if I put such a thing into my timer, it'd be behind a gate that asked "are you sure you want to do this?").

Are you sure it's the timer, and not the trim of the plane?  Have you run the thing at a constant speed in the wind and looked for differences upright and inverted?  If the plane has issues in one attitude but no the other, and you're running constant speed, that's an issue you should trim out of the airplane first, and then turn the speed regulation back on.

* Apologies on what I am sure is a misspelling.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 03:00:59 PM »
The plane is well trimmed and has over 100 flights with a Hubin timer, with the Fiorotti  when inverted going into the wind  you can hear the motor slow down(load?) and of course the plane slows down as well, coming around with the wind you can hear it pick back up (unload?) Maybe beacause I'm using a 4s battery?   I haven't tried running it constant but it looks windy again tomorrow, I'll give it a try.
Thanks Tim.

EDIT: Sorry guys I didn't have the sensor leveled correctly so could be a RTFM moment, will try again.  ::) n~
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 03:38:59 PM by Dwayne Donnelly »

Online Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 03:52:54 PM »
One of my suggested tests to check the sensor position and leveling is to check lap time upright and inverted.  Time ten laps upright and then 10 inverted being careful with start and stop will give you a good idea.  If the sensor is level, it shouldn't be different upright or inverted.  On a reasonably calm day, you should hear the same start and stops of acceleration in consecutive round loops upright then inverted.

I suggest that you put the sensor on a level table and then read the x and y numbers on Jeti for the sensor.  Next carefully level the plane along the wing cord and wing length, and then install the sensor leveled to give the same numbers on the Jeti box in the plane as on a level table.

How are you mounting the sensor, what is your level pad in the plane?
Fred

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 04:08:42 PM »
One of my suggested tests to check the sensor position and leveling is to check lap time upright and inverted.  Time ten laps upright and then 10 inverted being careful with start and stop will give you a good idea.  If the sensor is level, it shouldn't be different upright or inverted.  On a reasonably calm day, you should hear the same start and stops of acceleration in consecutive round loops upright then inverted.

I suggest that you put the sensor on a level table and then read the x and y numbers on Jeti for the sensor.  Next carefully level the plane along the wing cord and wing length, and then install the sensor leveled to give the same numbers on the Jeti box in the plane as on a level table.

How are you mounting the sensor, what is your level pad in the plane?

Yeah I didn't do that, like I said,  RTFM...lol It's level now, will try again.
Thank you very much for the reply.
 y1

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here