News:

• May 20, 2024, 08:11:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Experience with E Flite PT-19?  (Read 424 times)

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Experience with E Flite PT-19?
« on: December 06, 2010, 12:50:14 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has experience with the E- Flite PT-19, the full bodied one with the Park 480 motor. Or even just the motor. I am looking at getting the PT-19 since the price has dropped, but I don't know the E-Flite motors. I ran the numbers through motocalc and it says the motor will run hot with the recommended props. And using the 3watts per gram rule it seems to be only a 270watt motor.

Offline Will Hubin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: Experience with E Flite PT-19?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 09:58:09 PM »
John, I built up the E-Flite PT-19 and reviewed it in the February 2010 issue of Flying Models. It is a handsome plane in flight. I had a good R/C flyer test fly it in the R/C configuration first, and he gave it a very favorable review. I then converted it to C/L and it was flown by a number of people, including me. You definitely want the larger of the two motor/ESC (Park 480) combinations recommended for it. It still wouldn't do the full pattern or any square maneuvers, at least with the recommended line lengths, but it did do decent loops and maintained stable inverted flight. The only trouble I had was when it nosed into the ground because the grass was too tall, and burned out the motor and ESC. It seemed to handle the APC 12x6EP very well.

I do recommend that you check out the review article--I can send you a copy if you can't find one. I have a friend who became a B-26 pilot in WW II and who trained in the PT-19 ... and I'd love to have a full-size one as well as the attractive model...

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here