News:

• April 30, 2024, 07:38:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: electric power system recommendations for super clown  (Read 674 times)

Offline Kevin M. Smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
electric power system recommendations for super clown
« on: August 15, 2017, 11:05:47 AM »
Hi All, finally getting back into the hobby after 42 years of numerous life distractions (mostly all good)...

I have an electric super-clown ARF that has been sitting around for several years and after oscillating back and forth between converting it to glow vs. staying electric, I'm going to order the electric components.   I already have some investments in lipo chargers I used for electric heli-s, so I'm part way there.

I was about to just "check the boxes" on the brodak page and order all of their recommended components (motor, esc, timer, prop), but I thought I would ask for recommendations.  The model is going to be used as a stunt trainer for myself, so it just needs to be fast enough to learn the basic maneuvers.  Keep in mind, that I may go through several of these models in a few months, so I am not focusing on anything exotic .

Appreciate any feedback...thanks

Offline John Tate

• Commander
Re: electric power system recommendations for super clown
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 12:22:50 PM »
The Norfolk Aeromodelers still has one junior using the stock Brodak Electric Super Flying Clown package. It was flown in the last two Brodak Fly-Ins with no problems in the beginner events. So I would stay with that package at first. You can find a bunch miss match parts that might work better and cheaper but, you will be stuck with that. At least there are some modelers that have used the stock package and will be able to help you from their own experiences with that.

Offline Kevin M. Smith

• Ensign
Re: electric power system recommendations for super clown
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 06:30:37 PM »
The Norfolk Aeromodelers still has one junior using the stock Brodak Electric Super Flying Clown package. It was flown in the last two Brodak Fly-Ins with no problems in the beginner events. So I would stay with that package at first. You can find a bunch miss match parts that might work better and cheaper but, you will be stuck with that. At least there are some modelers that have used the stock package and will be able to help you from their own experiences with that.

Thanks for the info John.... I went ahead and ordered all the recommended components from Brodak (total 168.00, including epoxy, CA, extra props etc.)   I have a pretty high-end charger from about 6 years ago (I used for my blade rc heli),  so I'm thinking that will work... I'll see what connectors its comes with.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here