News:

• June 03, 2024, 09:44:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FlightPower Batteries  (Read 618 times)

Offline Ron Hook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
FlightPower Batteries
« on: January 28, 2009, 05:54:12 PM »
I have been using FlightPower EVOLITE v2, 4270 mAh, 4S, 14.8V LiPo, 20C batteries with an AXi motor. I cannot find this style of battery anywhere. I bought them originally from Towers but they do not carry this particular battery anymore. Does anyone know if they are still produced and where they might be found. If they are not available, I would appreciate any suggestions for substitutes.

Ron Hook
Ron Hook
Goodyear, AZ

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: FlightPower Batteries
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 06:41:26 PM »
Hmmm
I just went to Tower and found what looks like your battery except is is rated 18C not 20c..?

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 03:49:56 PM »
Hi Ron,

I just went to the tower web site and they show your battery in stock. It is still the one that matches your beautiful teal green color of your plane. It is the prolite version at 18C. We do not need their high C more expensive (gold) batteries for our low demand use.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWNW2&P=7

The price has been reduced by a LOT! From the old price of $169 down to $125 :-) ... I think I will buy a few more at that low price!  :!

They also make this 14.8V in 3750 mAh size. This saves an oz and should be enough for our needs, but I still like the extra safety margin of the 4200s. :-)

Regards,  H^^

Rudy
AMA 1667

Alan Hahn

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 07:02:05 AM »
Hmmm, the 4s2500's are priced pretty good too compared to my FMA 4s2100's. Tempting to buy a "big" battery. However I think it is too long for the Nobler setup. Maybe just the right thing for the EVector--but I need to fly it first (actually need to finish covering it  :-[) to see what it is going to require.

It sounds like Tower is discontinuing the line--I say that only because the pricing is so good.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here