Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Electrocuting the Atlantis

<< < (34/34)

Paul Walker:

--- Quote from: Tim Wescott on August 21, 2021, 09:01:38 PM ---Revised power wiring to the timer.  I'd been having some strange behavior where the motor would run rough in inverted flight.  The last flight, the airplane cut out early.  I landed, and when I was almost to the plane it started up again (!).

I'm 90% sure that this was due to a power wire to the regulator breaking off inside the insulation -- that would provide a condition where the power was cutting in and out, especially in a manner dependent on the airplane attitude.  The motor rough running could easily be the wires repeatedly making and breaking contact.

So I've re-done all the pertinent connections, with extra wire length so that the wires won't be pulled, and better strain relief.

So -- fingers crossed, I'm going to go back to practicing on this thing.rye

--- End quote ---

Must have worked. I saw you flew at the FallFollies recently. Did it perform as expected?

Tim Wescott:

--- Quote from: Paul Walker on October 09, 2021, 01:17:55 PM ---Must have worked. I saw you flew at the FallFollies recently. Did it perform as expected?

--- End quote ---

Well, no -- it was better.  I'm still delighted every time I fly it at how much I don't have to worry about the engine run.

You should have put an electric motor in it in '88 -- what were you thinking?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version