News:

• April 24, 2024, 09:37:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electrics at the NATS  (Read 1592 times)

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Electrics at the NATS
« on: July 17, 2019, 06:40:41 PM »
Is their any info as to how many electrics are in stunt at the NATS this year?
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Electrics at the NATS
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 03:48:08 PM »
From what I can tell, it looks like 40%-50% . Seems to be pretty even. I think the total number of flyers is about 27 advanced and about 40 open. I might be off by one or two.
AMA 98010

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 06:17:07 PM »
 Yeah, I agree with William.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 05:12:05 PM »
BIG CONGRATS to Will DeMauro for winning Advanced!  You have helped a lot of people in the electric part of the hobby, glad to see you get some of that success you deserve.

Also CONGRATS to Crist Rigotti on a strong finish in Advanced.

Celebration is over, now get back to work..!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 08:59:16 PM »
One more note on electrics at the Nats, 3 of the top 5 in Open are electric and If I'm counting right 8 of the top ten in advanced were also electric.
AMA 98010

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 09:04:21 PM »
Thank you Dennis.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 05:22:42 AM »
Let me add my congrats to Will DeMauro for his long sought, and very well deserved win in Advanced. As Dennis pointed out above, Will has helped countless new electric fliers with their setups. I'm one of them! I'm extremely proud of how Will has comported himself during this quest.

Congrats also to John Paris and Jerry Haupt who finished in the second and third spots in Advanced respectively. Exciting for me was the fact that there were two of my Crossfire designs in the top four places in Advanced! Jerry flew one and so did Tom Luciano. So congrats also to my flying buddy, Tom Luciano. This was Tom's first Nats, and he placed a very credible fourth in Advanced. The back story to Tom's Nats adventure is amazing to me, but I will have to first get Tom's permission to relate just how much he went through to get to the Nats. Trust me it was a lot...

Yes, electrics are here to stay, and so far they have had a pretty good two years. Last year electric powered models swept the first five places at the World Championships, and now they have captured three of the top four places at the Nats in Advanced. This is being written just before the Top Five Flyoff is to begin, so there is a good chance that more will be added to that list in the ensuing hours. Also electric planes are leading the scoring at the European Championships as this is being written.

This is all great and fun to write about, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the event is called Precision Aerobatics. Not Glow Powered PA, or Electric powered PA. Our goal should be to scribe perfect maneuvers on the inside surface of the hemisphere in which we fly. It shouldn't matter if the prop is being swung by glow power, electric power, steam power, nuclear power, or by two chipmunks on a turntable. We are all brothers and sisters in an event that is about geometry. Electric is here to stay, but glow is not going away any time soon, so let's shelve the rhetoric about any feud between the two types of power and just go fly.

Congrats to all who flew at the Nats in all of the events; you are all winners because you participated.  H^^

Bob Hunt

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 07:00:34 PM »
Revolutions was at the NATS too. It served me well. In the wind it was unbelievable. This is so far the best flying bird i have ever had.
I made a very stupid mistake in the finals and that cost me dearly. But congratulations to William. His consistency paid off. 
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 07:43:33 AM »
Revolutions was at the NATS too. It served me well. In the wind it was unbelievable. This is so far the best flying bird i have ever had.
I made a very stupid mistake in the finals and that cost me dearly. But congratulations to William. His consistency paid off.

It was a pleasure working with you all week. You flew very well. Thanks for all your help.
AMA 98010

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here