News:

• May 04, 2024, 06:30:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electrical connectors - local sources??  (Read 574 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Electrical connectors - local sources??
« on: January 11, 2008, 08:33:33 PM »
I am looking for a local source for electrical connectors we use for motors, ESC, Battery etc. I was wondering if anyone has checked places like Radio Shake; Sears or the auto stores? I know there are mail order places, was just hoping there was a closer local source.

Best,         Dennis

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Electrical connectors - local sources??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 12:25:06 AM »
Hi Dennis,

This is one thing that any local hobby shop will have. The car section of your LHS (usually larger than the aircraft section), will have all the connectors you will need. I don't know if you have a Fry's electronics store in your area, but if you do they have many connectors. I don't think the other stores you mentioned will be able to help you.

Like you, I always try my LHS 1st. But often, I end up going to mail order for many things for our ECL. But connectors, they always have! FWIW: You can never have enough heat shrink tubing in enough sizes to go around one or more of your connectors to insulate them from each other, etc. I sometimes get caught flying with the sprinklers on so I am extra AR about insulating all my wires and connectors. ;-)   Good Luck with your hunt.

Regards,  H^^
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:59:31 PM by Rudy Taube »
Rudy
AMA 1667

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here