News:

• April 30, 2024, 08:40:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric P-40 Photo  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Electric P-40 Photo
« on: July 07, 2007, 09:15:09 PM »
This is what my ECL P-40 looks like after 60 flights. It now has 100 flights on it, and it looks about the same. I will get some new photos showing that the motor mount is reversed and with the new cooling fins around the motor.

I have done many experiments on this plane while I was learning how to fly CLPA at the same time. Being an old combat flyer from the 50s, 60s, it was fun learning the pattern this year and competing in contests. Perfecting an ECL plane, as my 1st CL plane in almost 40 years, at the same time made it even more interesting. ;-)

Being an AR type, I have a log for most of the flights, with info on performance, props, lap times, mAh used, etc. Between my experiments and integrating all the excellent help received on this forum I think I have found a set up that works well for me, and is equal or better than any IC set up I have seen on this plane. :-)

My sailboat racing schedule has slowed down my CL flying this summer, but I hope to get in more flying soon and get ready for the rest of this years contest season. Thank you again to all of those that helped me on this forum. Without Will Moores articles in Stunt News, and his personal help, combined with the help from this forum I would never have been able to get this far this fast. 

I'm already looking forward to flying in next years VSC with a "soon to be announced" new Classic kit from Eric at RSM. I will be converting this kit to Electric. Eric has some exciting news for us ECL fliers in the near future. As always, Eric never sells "Vaporware". He only announces stuff after it is well tested, and really ready to sell! :-)  .... Please Stay tuned.

Warm Regards,   H^^

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:35:24 PM by Rudy Taube »
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Electric P-40 Photo
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 05:19:17 PM »
I'm glad to see you making inroads with the electrics Rudy. I really hope your "RSM" model is going to be a built up electric so you can hide all that stuff inside. It's guys like you that are going to revolutionize c/l.
Frank Carlisle

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Electric P-40 Photo
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:18:29 PM »
Hi Frank,

You, and all the other guys on this forum have been a big help in getting an old retread like me back into CL. :-)

Yes. The new classic kit from Eric is fully enclosed. I will finally be able to hide all that funny looking electric stuff ;-) At our last contest Eric asked me for my top 5 "wish list" for new kits from him. (Eric is always in the "Marketing" mode ;-) He had very good news for me. Out of my top two (both classic legal scale models) he already had my #1 wish list kit under development! How lucky is that!!!!  #^

I am working with him on the electric version of this kit. Eric is one of those wonderful guys you are glad to have as a friend. He is fun to be around, honest, straitforward, , and a world class story teller!  :-)

It will be a while before ECL is for everyone, but it is moving forward. My guess is that there will be a few at the NATS this year, and many more in 2008.

Thanks for your comments, and please keep showing us those photos of your beautiful planes.  y1

Regards,  H^^

Rudy
AMA 1667

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here