News:

• May 22, 2024, 05:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Repitching a E-pusher prop  (Read 537 times)

Offline Larry Wong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Repitching a E-pusher prop
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:30:13 PM »
Here 's one How does one repitch a pusher prop with a Prather gage ?   HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~>
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Alan Hahn

Re: Repitching a E-pusher prop
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:37:53 AM »
Here's how I would do it.

First borrow a big mirror from your wife.

Put the Prather gauge in front of the mirror.

While looking at the image of the gauge in the mirror, put on the pusher prop. ;D

On a serious note  n1, why repitch? There is a lot of flexibility in the electric system to retune the rpm to match the flying characteristics. So if my 12-6 was too fast, I would just dial down the rpm, and if too slow, dial it up---within reason of course.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Repitching a E-pusher prop
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »
There are two ways to do this. One is to take the end plate off the pitch gauge and flip it 180 deg (markings will now be on the inside) and bolt it back in place. It will be a little harder to read the gauge but the way I repitch its not much of a problem. I simply set the 70% station to the pitch I want and use a small clamp to hold the arm then adjust each blade to this setting.

Second way is to set the pitch on the gauge to the pitch you want then take a piece of lite ply or balsa and copy the angle of the pitch arm to it. Cut out the piece as a triangle, flip it 180 deg and use this as a gauge block at the appropriate station (mark the station you are working from on the prop from the pitch gauge).

Best,     Dennis

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here