News:

• April 30, 2024, 03:59:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric motor test stand  (Read 467 times)

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Electric motor test stand
« on: September 01, 2009, 05:18:58 PM »
This originally started out as a test stand for my glow engines. I had been using a Work Mate but it got so covered in castor and fuel after I cleaned it  HB~> HB~> I built this to take it's place. I think this turned out so well I don't want to gunk it all up with the "Greasy Kid Stuff" so I think I'll use it for Lectric's and figure out something for the IC's.  LL~ LL~
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
Re: Electric motor test stand
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 09:57:53 PM »
lee - looks like you have the whole RSM catalogue of kits in the background too!!!    #^  good times ahead
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 03:47:17 PM »
Ya Wynn I have a couple  LL~ LL~ These are my retirement stash.

I've got the stand made now let me see what everyones test set up looks like. I need some good ideas to steal....
Leester
ama 830538

Alan Hahn

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »
I think I already have a photo somewhere here on my little stand. ok, here is a link.

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=9256.0

One comment I'll make is that if you are looking for small things, orient the prop rotation to push air away from the stand. I found that simply moving around and reflecting air off me (back toward the prop) would change the measurements by ~5-10%. That may not sound really significant, but overall if you add 5% here and 5% there, soon you can get to 10-15% improvements. If you have battery power to spare, that really doesn't matter, but if the battery is "on the edge"  y1, it does matter!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here