News:

• April 18, 2024, 11:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric imitation  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
Electric imitation
« on: April 20, 2018, 09:08:49 PM »
I've decided I'll go the electric route on my imitation. I'm looking at the RSM packages. Does anyone have experience in the sport 46 package vs the expert 46 package?

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Electric imitation
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 10:52:29 PM »
Not sure what the difference is.  Per the description the only difference are the motors.  Both motors cost $60 but the pro system is $60  higher.  I would call RSM  and ask what the differences are.  However I have found that if it comes from RSM it will work.   I use and love the KR timers.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 01:04:59 AM »
Thanks John. I wanted to go with the RSM set up for a few reasons, but a big one is the imitation kit comes set up with the electric conversion in the box. I believe since it's from Mike Griffin and Eric Rule, the RSM would be a perfect fit.

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 12:57:20 PM »
Well because of my "financial" situation, I found it easier on myself to piece out the electronics needed. I got an Eflite power 32 (thanks to BYU) on the classifieds here. I happened to trade some heli stuff to a local for a new Castle Creations edge 75 lite. I ordered a timer and programmer from Will Hubin.
Now I'll save up a little and get the thunder power 5s 2800 as it only weighs 290 grams.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here