News:

• May 02, 2024, 02:53:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric Genesis Bob Hunt design  (Read 4890 times)

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Electric Genesis Bob Hunt design
« on: January 29, 2010, 08:02:39 AM »
Posting a couple of photos of my Genesis As shown 54oz remove wheel pants and use grass gear 52oz and if i dint use duply colors spray cans 50oz
the new Genesis is projected at 50oz
Set Up
motor Axi 2826-10
esc castle 45
timer Hubin or zigras
Batteries TP 3850

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Electric Genesis Bob Hunt design
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 08:19:06 AM »
Jose-
Looks great, and at a killer weight.  Is this the bird you have been flying or is this a new one?  Only problem I see is your prop is turning backwards - that is, its forward which is really backwards which - oh you know what I mean  n~

BTW your moldie Impact looks great too.  Looks like east coast ECL is ratcheting up!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:38:32 AM »
Dennis thanks this ship now has a USA1 fin. I had an unfortunate accident with the model as the firewall holding the axi decided to part company from the rest of the plane(dint put triangular gussets on fire wall  "they run so smooth")and  the  large switch was pushes by a very heavy hand against the firewall many times this created the incident"kind words"
the model at the time was being flown in some gusty winds.
So here is my version of the story flying at 45 degrees into the wind motor takes off and goes half way across the field  and lands in the grass so i look at motor and then model stops mid air wind pushes model backwards i give down model comes down to 20 feet then rises back to 45 wind pushes model back and up 1/4 lap back i give down again model comes forward and up again this goes on for what seems like 10 minutes the reason for this dance is the there is a large body of water at edge of circle flying electric and water don't mix. At this point i don't know how to get it on the ground and the battery ESC and timer at still on board i finally give enough down after getting pushed back down wind and you can guess were it lands right in the middle of the small pond at edge of circle, now you have five stunt flyer's looking at each other me at handle Bob Lampione going to model and everyone is looking at Lipo battery in water who is going to the plane i cantell you there was a lot of slow walking to get the model and i was one of them finally Bob goes in the water and gets the plane no fire no explotion i think that's when i finally left the handle Bob is very brave. Photo of Genesis as it flyes now.
some photos of new large electric model

Offline Jason Greer

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »
This may be a dumb question, but on a model such as the Genenis without a vertical fin would a pusher prop provide the same benefit as a model with a vertical fin?  I was under the impression that the logic behind the pusher propellor was to have the circular prop flow hit the outside of the vertical fin and thus yaw the model towards the outside of the circle.  Maybe there are other factors at play that I'm unaware of?

Thanks,
Jason
El Dorado, AR
AMA 518858

Alan Hahn

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 07:54:56 PM »
<snip>....
So here is my version of the story flying at 45 degrees into the wind motor takes off and goes half way across the field  and lands in the grass so i look at motor and then model stops mid air wind pushes model backwards i give down model comes down to 20 feet
....<snip>

What a story!

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 07:13:30 AM »
Jose,
I like the pictures of the new one you snuck in there. Lets hookup so we can get the electics into it and have it ready for the season.Call me when you get a chance.
Will
AMA 98010

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 08:38:51 AM »
Willie Assembling the 67" span E model this week. The Adamissin's will like this one a High aspect ratio wing but with large flaps I call these models TWEENERS started building these in 1990's
combination of a Big Jim's BJ design that has a 72"span and the Pattermaster at 63",s
As to reverse pitch it works the same on the Genesis. The Genesis has a great deal of side rea behind the e CG  and the prop spiral flow also hits the body and fin. When i put the fin on model the model behaved the same just less tail side to side movement in corners. This was just my preference.(see attached photo for side area)
The new Genesis will have a rudder and fin. with a composite body. the 5 fuse molds can be used to make any model as they are basically fuse blanks the only given if is the spinner location (motor centerline)then just place the wing and tails in their design locations.
 I can use an impact body with SV22 wing and tail or reverse them use  saturn fuse with SV components you can mix match as you like.
The story is true as willie came to the field just as it was in progress. I was not the first to the model as all i could see was an explotion believe me that battery stayed out of the house for a week.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
Jose,

Great looking ship. What prop, lines and lap time do you plan on starting with?

Jason,

Pusher prop does have some circular flow but the main advantage is that the torque acts to roll the ship out when up right thus counteracting the nose in pressesion on inside maneuvers and when inverted or on outside corners it tends to push the nose out which depending on the prop weight can be significant in giving a solid feel to those outside corners.

Best,              DennisT

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 12:57:37 PM »
Jason the Genesis is two season old( the story above is that model
I  have been flying this model the way  willie Dmauro set it up
 lines 64' feet
speed 5.1 to 5.4
props 13x4.5 reverse pitch also used 12x6R 12x6E cut down 13x4.5 to 12,12.5.12.75orbit
PRM from 9,600 to 11,000
i like plane better with full 13x4.5ER
willie set up plane and i charge batteries and fly
i trim airplane
i have two programs
the Axi  Genesis and the 25-14 orbit for the composite Impact just waiting on good wether to fly my 780Si impact with Orbit 30-14 and 5s 4200 TP batteries. I cant wait.
Hunts new Electric should be very special

Offline Jason Greer

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »
Beautiful model Jose!!  Cant wait to see pictures of the Impact.
El Dorado, AR
AMA 518858

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 11:09:02 AM »
Jason here are some photos of Composite TWEENER and Impact
Jose Modesto

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
Impact Components
Composite shell construction Fuse,stab wing. Working on flaps and elevators
photo of SV-22 fuse and stab

Offline Ron Heckler

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 08:42:49 AM »
Jose,
It looks like Willie, you and I are going to do a lot of electric flying this season. Maybe some of the other flyers will convert to electric also, but I know most of them are set in their ways.

I am waiting to get together with Willie to set up my new RH Stunter ("Apache"). My other 2 stunters are converted already and Willie gave me his P-40 so I have plenty to fly. My biggest problem is having to decide which one to fly for the day.

Hope to see you on the field soon

Ron

Offline Dean Pappas

• Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 05:41:49 PM »
Jose,
Those Impact components look great!
Weight please?

later,