News:

• April 30, 2024, 07:02:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric four-stroke takes second at Stunt in the berkshires  (Read 533 times)

Online Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Electric four-stroke takes second at Stunt in the berkshires
« on: August 24, 2009, 06:40:56 AM »
Will Moore has been experimenting with electrics lately.  He now has an electric that sounds like a four-stroke.  He even has the motor burp when it is about to quit.

Sorry Will I couldn't resist LL~ ;D H^^
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:00:57 AM by Matt Colan »
Matt Colan

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Electric four-stroke takes second at Stunt in the berkshires
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:12:04 AM »
Good one Matt!  I'll bet Will's using a "4S" battery pack.

I'd like to use a 12 cell pack arranged in a "V" so it will sound like a Merlin...   :o ??? ::)
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Will Moore

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:25:26 AM »
Hi Matt;

I know.  I'm getting called the electric 4-stroke guy.    It works for me.

Actually I will be flying the "Thunder Cloud" design in electric next year.  Same size , same parameters.
It's in the design stages right now, and will be built this Fall.   The 4-stroke weighs in at 68 ounces.
I'm aiming for the same or slightly less weight in electric (I hope).   It should fly like the current design, maybe better. 

Then I'll be called the 4-stroke electric guy......  Next time I see Bud Wieder, I expect to see his new electric ride.  We suspect we will both be dueling it out
with electrons instead of oil.   ( Now if I can just duplicate the 4-stroke sound....)

By the way Matt, you put your beautiful Ares through its paces.  And I watched you fly Steve's airplane.  You are coming up fast !
We are all proud of you..  keep it up.

Will Moore
Things take longer to happen than you think they will,

Then they happen much faster than you thought they could.
 AMA # 209

Online Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:17:05 AM »
Hi Matt;

I know.  I'm getting called the electric 4-stroke guy.    It works for me.

Actually I will be flying the "Thunder Cloud" design in electric next year.  Same size , same parameters.
It's in the design stages right now, and will be built this Fall.   The 4-stroke weighs in at 68 ounces.
I'm aiming for the same or slightly less weight in electric (I hope).   It should fly like the current design, maybe better. 

Then I'll be called the 4-stroke electric guy......  Next time I see Bud Wieder, I expect to see his new electric ride.  We suspect we will both be dueling it out
with electrons instead of oil.   ( Now if I can just duplicate the 4-stroke sound....)

By the way Matt, you put your beautiful Ares through its paces.  And I watched you fly Steve's airplane.  You are coming up fast !
We are all proud of you..  keep it up.

Will Moore

Oh yeah that's right, Buddy is building an electric plane too, he told me about it at Brodak.  Your 4-stroke looks and sounds great, how else would you have won the concours award.

Thanks for the compliment, and hope to see you in a couple weeks.
Matt Colan

Online Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 07:03:01 AM »
The Electric four stroke guy took second again by a very narrow margin, 1.5 points.  Will and Steve Yampolsky now have a great rivalry going on, with Will beating Steve at Stunt in the Berkshires, and Steve beating Will at the Mass Cup.

Matt Colan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here