News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:34:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric Flitestreak battery testing  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
Electric Flitestreak battery testing
« on: January 02, 2021, 11:11:41 AM »
topflite flitestreak ARF converted to electric. testing a 190 gram 4s 2600mah. this was the second flight on the pack without charging in between. it was a condition charge, so only 4.10 peak.

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
Re: Electric Flitestreak battery testing
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 11:33:12 AM »
Pardon the terrible flying, and terribly flying airplane, and terrible camera work. Haha. This is a battery test rather than a flight demo

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 05:17:10 PM »
It was flying pretty bad, because it had low line tension. So I was just milking it through anything I did. After landing, I looked at the motor. It looked almost inset. So we made some shims out of a bottle cap. Immediately better. Haha. I turned the timer up also. Gotta see if i can safely get pattern flight times, well and actually fly the pattern through. So I'll properly trim the plane for flight and keep inching up the timer.

Offline Greg Nelson

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 10:22:34 PM »
Nice video I always love a good flitestreak. Where did you mount your battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 10:27:46 PM »
Between the motor and leading edge.

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 12:09:11 AM »
Why such a large battery for a Flite Streak?  There are many examples of success using a 4s/1600 on that size plane. 

That being said, where did you find a 190 gram 4s/2600 ???  That is light for that size battery!
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 08:50:00 AM »
Why such a large battery? Because mines lighter. Lol. Also, I'm using around 1800+ mah for a full time flight. I had a 4s 2200 on here before, but it's awkward. I've used 100c 4s 1500 from my race drones. Not enough flight time.

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 07:25:20 PM »
Dane, you might swap out that prop you are using for a 9x6e or 10x6e of some variety.  That 9x3.8e could be a big part of your thirsty battery useage. 

As an example, Pat Johnston uses a 10x6e and a 4s/1550 to fly patterns with his Shark 402.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 07:50:57 PM »
I think you're 100 percent correct on that my friend. I had stuck this on there as, that's all I had. And haven't flown in a while and forgot what was on it. Plus these flitetest props are nasty, loud, inefficient little buggers.
I'm using the FM-01c (if I recall the model number correctly). So with this flat prop,  I have the little rpm adjustment maxed out. That's gotta be worth a milliamp or 2.

But hey, as a battery test,  I'm abusing it more than I need to and it's still hanging.  Now that the plane is groovy, I'll change props and post a pattern video or 2.

To answer your previous question about the size in mah... the cells I use, that I trust to handle the current our planes draw, only come in a 2600 or a 4200. The 4200 cell is physically larger,  but only 22g per cell heavier. However, I doubt anyone is clamoring for 4200mah packs. Lol

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2021, 09:08:22 PM »
What brand are those batteries, Dane?

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2021, 09:17:25 PM »
What brand are those batteries, Dane?

FoolThrottle Batteries.... and no. You won't be able to find them. I'm not ready to sell them. Yet.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here