News:

• May 12, 2024, 11:43:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ztron V3 program question for fixed rpm mode (CC 45)  (Read 507 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Ztron V3 program question for fixed rpm mode (CC 45)
« on: May 15, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »
Guys,

Looks like I toasted my original Ztron V3 timer by plugging in the BEC plug from the CC 45 one pin over (gr in + pin and + in the signal pin) no smoke but it won't engage the motor. I tried cycling into program mode but it just sits there, ESC beeps and blinks when the power switch is turned on but that's were it stops. Any ideas to get this working?

I have another Ztron V3 unit for my Stuka project. I did a quick test using the default setting in the timer and all works. My question is if I am using the "fixed rpm" mode in my CC 45 ESC do I need to set the throttle points in the timer or just leave the default full throttle setting and set the rpm in the ESC (I run 9000 rpm for all segments)?

Best,                 DennisT
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:18:11 AM by stuntguy13 »

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Ztron V3 program question for fixed rpm mode (CC 45)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 10:35:52 AM »
Guys,
Got to test fly today, all I changed from the factory settings was the motor start time to allow for a 20 sec start delay. Ship flew at 5.0 laps a little faster than the original set up. I think the rpm is a little higher @ 9000 vs 8850. Seems the ESC does govern over the timer throttle settings.

Best,            DennisT

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Ztron V3 program question for fixed rpm mode (CC 45)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:03:29 PM »
Guys,
Although it seems that you can just set the motor start delay and the flight time on the Ztron timer and set the rpm in "fixed rpm mode" in the ESC, is there any electrical, power or heat advantage or reason (assuming you want to run just one rpm) to still set the % throttle in the three ranges on the timer?

Best,       DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags: timer 

Advertise Here