News:

• April 27, 2024, 08:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ECL for the JCT???  (Read 582 times)

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
ECL for the JCT???
« on: June 14, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »
At last year's Brodak Fly-In, John B & I discussed developing electric power systems that would cover his complete product line.  First emphasis was to be on modernizing the Super Clown system, secondly a new 1/2A sized system, and finally the systems that would cover the rest of them.  This also ended up splitting into PRO systems that would be State of the Art for CLPA, and SPORT systems that would be a little less costly, still user friendly, and at least as good as a sport IC engine.  This was accomplished, and the components for all the different size systems, from an .020 to a 65 size equivalent are now in stock.

Along the way, of course, several other system opportunities were discovered.  For example, the basic 1/2A system uses a 2S pack and a 12A ESC for light weight.  Using 3S and a 18A ESC allows a mondo power-up.  Instead of running like a hot reedie, it runs 1/2-again faster!  But where to exploit that???

Among the Brodak ARF's is a 1/2A sized Combat model, the Gladiator.  Listing for only $40 its a real bargain, thus this attempt to exploit more power in a bird that would appreciate it.  This is the first combat model I built since 1966(!) back then I built/modified a Danny Patten "Exterminator".  Used a ST 35BB on a surgical tubing bladder.  Had a blast with it - wrecked my reflexes for stunt for the rest of that year, but I digress...

About the subject of this post?  Since it concerns a Combat model, it only seemed fitting to offer commentary in a form that the poet-laurette of JCT may have used, so with tongue in cheek - & apologies in advance to Howard:

For C-L-P-A,
Or Sport, or Old Time
When it comes to ECL
Its all so sublime...

ECL Stunt is easy,
And Sport planes too
But combat models
Have a different cue

I pondered what advice
The J-C-T might tell
I expected they would say
It should go like heck  (hey, this is a family friendly forum!)

The JCT's talent
It don't have no boundaries
But they are used to
Engines from Foundries.

Making ECL go fast
Without nitro or porting
Requires more watts
To make it really sporting

So lets raise the cell count,
And keep the kV high
With a fast pitched prop
To thrust holes in the sky

The Bird is from Brodak
One of the A-R-F line
Assembly is so simple
It don't take no time.

Lipo is the hard part
Its in the L-E
and the old bladder tube
is now his-to-ree!

The motor is so light
That to hit the CG
Needed long long mounts
Now THAT was the key

The parts are assembled
Its ready to try
I think at the Fly-In
We'll see how it flies.

And hope that by NATs time
If their time can be squired
We'll get JCT's feedback
No clown suit required...

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here