News:

• May 05, 2024, 01:48:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2015 European Championships  (Read 2629 times)

Offline eric rule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
2015 European Championships
« on: September 05, 2015, 01:44:11 PM »
Congratulations to Sergii Solomianikov who placed 4th in the recent European Championships. Sergii used the KR Governor in his electric powered model.

2014-/15 has been a very good year for the KR Governor. 4th place in the European Championships, 1st place in the Nordic Championships and 2nd place in the UK Team event. Not bad at all when you consider that the KR Governor placed higher than many models using Igor's system. I'll be the first person to agree that Igor's system is the best in the world. It is also 5 times more expensive than the KR Governor and takes a whole lot more time to set up properly so that you get to use the advantages to the fullest.

When you consider the cost, ease of set up and how well it works it is easy to see why the KR Governor continues to be the control of choice for most modelers.

Once again, congratulations to Sergii.

Offline Tania Uzunova

• Commander
  • It's something more about gravity ...
    • www.indoorgeebee.com
Re: 2015 European Championships
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 01:34:49 AM »
Hi, Eric
everything is correct what you've wrote ; ) except that he flew on Eu champs his model with piston engine ( IC ).
The one electric, he was training on practice circle. As well brothers Yatsenko also used to switch on other side - electric. But during the contest somehow they feel more safe to fly with their old models. Both competitors make a re fly during official flights, because of problems with their models ( Sergeii somehow touch with the wires the prop and broke up his prop,  and after the crash Andrey decide to repair his model instead fly electric. He has Gee Bee R3 copy and used to fly with Igor's timers. As far as I know he has both of them - passive and active one. Difference is big ( "Very sensitive and quick in some conditions" - quote of Andrey : )
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 02:03:08 AM by Tania Uzunova »

Offline Tania Uzunova

• Commander
    • www.indoorgeebee.com
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 01:55:32 AM »
His model during official starts. I will try to have a look somewhere in my folders for his electric model and post again.
Smile, Tatyana ; )

Offline Tania Uzunova

• Commander
    • www.indoorgeebee.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 02:10:01 AM »
Here

Offline StaffanEkstrom

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 03:00:57 AM »
...1st place in the Nordic Championships...

What is the Nordic Championships?

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 09:47:55 AM »
My information was that Sergii flew the qualifying rounds with the electric model and only the last round of the fly-off's with his engine model. Of course I could have the wrong info from one of the German fliers that was there.

Keith R
Keith R

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 10:26:47 AM »
takes a whole lot more time to set up properly so that you get to use the advantages to the fullest.

It sounds like perfect advert, that means that my timers are so perfect that people even cannot imagine what to ask form them? so it takes so long time to set it to optimum?  VD~

However I think you are comparing two different things, my timer does not do what KR does and KR does not do what my does. As far as I know (may be I am wrong Keith can repare me) beside function of timing (means how long to fly) whole funcionality of KR timer (means governor, adjustable gain erratic function in case of overload, crash etc) are in ESC (Jeti Spin) not in my timer. So you have to compare Spin to KR timer.

Beside of that, my timer does that timing function and plus has sensor of flight parameters and can dial higher or lower rpm for while (not present in KR timer) ... so it means the only fuction common for both is only that timing function telling how long to fly, so it is really something else.

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 10:36:57 AM »
My information was that Sergii flew the qualifying rounds with the electric model and only the last round of the fly-off's with his engine model. Of course I could have the wrong info from one of the German fliers that was there.

Keith R

I do not have so good memory, but yes it is true he flew both models. However he jumped to 4 place end of finals, so Tania is right with that. And I am also sure with IC in his model, because he had reflight before of me and result was that I got wind to face for first figures of flight, so I told all bad words during flight which I knew :-P ... and no I am good guy they were against the wind, not against Sergey

And one note on end I think the power train is little overestimated, judges give points for flying not for engine run, and for sure you can have perfect regulation or best engine on the world and you can still get mark 4 for your squares. Sergey is simply good flyer, so he got good points.

Good motor will not improve your flying, good motor only gives you chance make more efficient practice and concentrate on what you fly on contest instead fidling with motor or crying about no line tension  H^^

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 10:56:14 PM »
I did not observe any bad words when I saw you fly with the wind blowing in your face in Poland, but you know bad words in different languages than I do. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Russell Bond

• Bandolero
  • AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 11:16:15 PM »
But the KR still doesn't work with 10 pole motors............... S?P
Bandolero

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 12:56:11 AM »
Wind in face does not allow go them out of mouth :-P

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 04:01:09 AM »
Wind in face does not allow go them out of mouth :-P

Nice one Igor!  #^

Igor summed the point about power trains. People have won the world champs, EU champs and AMA Nats, with all kinds of power trains. I would say that the real advantage of a good electric power train is reliability and the fact that it is more predictable than IC engines in funny weather.

I don't like to sound like I'm bragging but I do get a kick out of seeing how competitive my system has become pretty competitive when used by better fliers than myself. If the readers can recall, the idea when I started out on this was to provide a simple and cost effective system for sport fliers and beginners to get into e-stunt without breaking the bank. That target was achieved, and now to end up with a competitive package is such a nice bonus. For those of you that don't know, Igor was the guy that got me going on this project and has helped for most of the way. Fortunately the wind always seems to blow into his face, because up until now, his swearing at all of my many dumb questions that I have almost weekly, has not got back to my ears!  <=

Keith R
Keith R

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 04:13:12 AM »
But the KR still doesn't work with 10 pole motors............... S?P

Hi Russell, it does actually work with a change in the program but seems a little slow in reaction time. I have to do a double take in capturing the rpm pulses to be accurate enough so the sampling is 25 frames per second instead of 50. I just haven't been able to test it thoroughly enough to be totally objective. I personally don't believe that paying for Pletty motors is worth that much more than using an AXI or MVVS motor with more poles, so I must admit that I have not spent a lot of time on this. I'm trying to build a new model for the OZ world champs and also finish an LCD programming system. If I do have a gap, I'll let you know. Maybe I can bring you something for you to play with next year at your wold champs.........we shall see.

Keith R
Keith R

Offline Russell Bond

• Bandolero
  • AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 04:53:40 AM »
That'll be great Keith, I'd like to try one.  y1

I must disagree with you about the Pletties, I've been using them for almost 5 years and still the same bearings etc.
I've heard of people burning out their AXIs (and also the cheap motors) but the Pletty just keeps going.
The MVVS motors are good but they are getting up near the cost of the Orbit now.  :o
Bandolero

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 09:33:11 AM »
That'll be great Keith, I'd like to try one.  y1

I must disagree with you about the Pletties, I've been using them for almost 5 years and still the same bearings etc.
I've heard of people burning out their AXIs (and also the cheap motors) but the Pletty just keeps going.
The MVVS motors are good but they are getting up near the cost of the Orbit now.  :o
I have one Orbit that is not used to fly at the moment, and it sure is a Rolls Royce type of motor. No arguments there. Just get them to add a few extra magnets and you may just convince me! They also have such a kick from the start-up torque that my test model did not enjoy. It broke the nose off twice on start up until I added an extra plate with a bearing on the snout.

Quite a few of the top stunt people are using Cobra motors as well and they have pretty good bearings and good magnets plus a retaining ring to prevent magnets coming loose like many of the Chinese low cost motors. I have a few of the Black Tiger motors as well from RSM and Eric did a similar thing with this factory like the Cobra guys have done. They have good bearings and magnets and a good back-up system from Eric. So sure, nobody can argue about the high quality of the Pletty's, but for most of my customers that are not serious completion guys, they are a bit over the top in price.

Keith R
Keith R

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here