News:

• May 10, 2024, 05:09:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Early Christmas :-)))))  (Read 16911 times)

Offline Igor Burger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Early Christmas :-)))))
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2013, 08:21:25 AM »
and it was not only GB cup, we had also such famose models like loopings flying B17  ;D

Offline jason Pearson

• Ensign
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »
Igor , have you ever weighed a airframe ? was wondering what one weighs on average . The one I scratch built weighs 72 grams or 2.5oz .

Jason,

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2013, 12:24:17 AM »
No, I never saw problem with weight of the foam. We use even parts with printed UV colors, and it is even heavier. But for info, that model which I built for Paul and John which is without colors, weights 206 grams, tip weight is 12g, battery weights 48g, motor 32g, esc spin 11 15g, prop 7g, active timer 4g, and may be some parts like fixing for battery and "X" for fixing motor can be 3g

... so my empty frame without colors like your now could be somewhere at 85g

my yellow model is 10g heavier (plus color and plus some repairs) and I cannot tell any difference, but you will see

however Tania has much lighter model (even with colors) which is attached on picture, I tried it and it flights very nice, but it is without active motor controll and that makes large difference  in weight, but it does not keep speed well, so I would definitelly choose my heavier version

it is difficult to tell you, simply try it and you will see the result, it will certainly help, but I affraid of stifftness.

Offline jason Pearson

• Ensign
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2013, 01:51:44 PM »
Igor , I am ready to try my new plane but was wanting some advide to set the power up on it . I will be running a turnigy 2204-14t 1400kv motor . with 800mah 2 cell . things to look for are what in the test flights ? looking for things like how hot do the motors get ? is there any smells from the motor I should look for ? can I run a 9" prop on the geeBee or have to stay with 10 " ? Any info you can shine on me would be great Because I am a lone soul with no help to show me  H^^

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2013, 03:08:22 PM »
I do not know that motor, but that type which we use is 60W motor with kv=1400 and IR=150mohm

9"prop will be too little I think

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here