News:

• April 27, 2024, 03:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: E- Props  (Read 651 times)

Offline Larry Wong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
E- Props
« on: July 03, 2008, 05:23:11 PM »
Who sells E-props that are pushers 12x5-6 E
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Alan Hahn

Re: E- Props
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:51:13 PM »
Actually I am amazed--APC does   LP12060EP.

Here is a link to their online store. More expensive than the tractor, and I think it must be new.

http://www.apcprop.com/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi?maxp=400&ppinc=6a&product=+

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:30:14 PM »
Thanks Alan, I looked at there site and missed it.   By the way I'v been using 4000mah 4c 14.8 v battery and just got a 4270mah Flight Power EVO lite and it is lighter than my Impulse 4000mah , what should or will expect the diffrence is in flight? ???
Larry

Alan Hahn

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 08:21:22 PM »
Larry,

Is it the same "C" rating? Just by being lighter, it should translate into a little less power needed through the flight.

I would hope as time progresses, the batteries will get better (=lighter and stronger of course). That's my hope anyway ;D. So if I need new batteries next year because I am abusing the ones I have now, the newer ones will be better. Also why I try to keep to reasonable cost batteries---my 4s2100's for the Nobler set me back ~$65 a pack (one per flight).

One thing to note that the lower the battery internal resistance (higher C rating or also larger battery size), the more power we can get out of it(= less heating inside the battery....). This would translate into using less mAHr out.

Alan

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:45:28 PM »
Alan   the 4000mah is 20c and the 4270 mah is 30c's  so it won't change any of my settings , just use less!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:19:36 PM by Larry Wong »
Larry

Alan Hahn

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 09:26:09 PM »
Well you win 3 ways:
1) It is lighter
2) It is larger, so its internal resistance should be less, so you should draw fewer mAHr than in the previous battery.
3) Since "C" is also larger, you win again for same reason in (2)

So net result is your battery should be cooler, less mAHr should be pulled out, and % used should also be better (fewer mAHr/larger capacity). Sounds like a win3 in my book!

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »
Alan that all sounds incourageing , I also use a CC45 but like you I'll fly the way I have tomorrow and down load the Up date later, not sure what I can use, maybe the brake . any suggestions?
Larry

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here