News:

• June 15, 2024, 11:12:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric Old Time Stunt  (Read 788 times)

Offline Gil Mc Millan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Electric Old Time Stunt
« on: December 16, 2011, 06:56:38 AM »
Has there been talk of not allowing Electric Power in Old Time Stunt ?
If so, what contests will be affected ?
Gil Mc Millan
AMA 914386

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
Re: Electric Old Time Stunt
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »
They don't seem to like electric Classic either.  But I built one anyway.  ;D  I say it's time we had an all electric control line contest.  I have an All American Senior that  just cries for an electric motor.  I would never take it to VSC, I don't think Mikey would let me leave alive.  Just kidding Mike.  I'm wondering what they will say when I bring the electric Trophy Trainer next year.  Should be exciting.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 04:17:38 PM »
Gil,
Electric has been flown in OTS and Classic for quit some time, many have been flown at VSC and the Nats. This is a personal decision. For me I like to use electric in any ship that you don't expect to see an engine sticking up, if its cowled for me its fine. Some fliers want to give bounces for using IC but this seems like all they want to do is preserve the noise. I believe the intent of both events is to celebrate the flying of the older designs not the running of engines. So fly what you like and build a great airplane.

Best,                  DennisT

Offline Gil Mc Millan

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 06:31:05 AM »
Dennis, thanks for the reply, I knew that Epower was being used this year & in the past at the Nats, Brodak, VSC....etc. in OTS.  I asked because I had heard a rumor that that PAMPA was considering not allowing electric in OTS in the future, & wanted the thinking for 2012 & beyond.
Thanks, Gil
Gil Mc Millan
AMA 914386

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 03:52:33 PM »
I agree with a comment in a previous thread "Somebody get a rope!" and where is the nearest tree?   VD~  Sorry Andy.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 03:58:15 PM »
Don't they give extra points for spark - why not give extra points of slimers?

#^ 
John Rist
AMA 56277

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 08:15:36 PM »
I have heard the rumors.  The rationalization against electrics that has been bantered about is that OTS era & Classic era airplanes were not powered that way. I think it will be interesteing if they follow that "logic" as it would immediately outlaw probably 95% of the Classics and 100% of the spark ignition entries at VSC.

I guess we will wait & see.  Very few if any CL engines are readily available anymore, but electrics can be purchased at your LHS or numerous online outlets.  Long term the ONLY way we will keep flying will be via e-power.  Meanwhile in my annual "wish" to try to make it to VSC I have a replica of my NATs winning Hawker Typhoon about 75% finished.  It will be electric because, I'm not building IC anymore.  ...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:36:02 AM by Dennis Adamisin »
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
Bring it on Dennis.  I don't think Robin  or Lew would keep you from flying.   I have seen a few electrics in Old Time and Classic at VSC.   Of course not in  Ignition.  Don't forget there are diesel lovers in Old Time also.    H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here