News:

• April 27, 2024, 08:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Differences between a Schulze 18.46K and a 18.46K-F2B?  (Read 636 times)

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Differences between a Schulze 18.46K and a 18.46K-F2B?
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »
I know of at least 1 difference is that you can activate the brake while in the governor mode.  Are there any others.  Also, am I correct in that you have a choice in activating the brake mode while in the governor mode.  Is anybody besides Kim and Paul using this ESC? 

Thanks. 
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Kim Doherty

Re: Differences between a Schulze 18.46K and a 18.46K-F2B?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:33:08 PM »
Crist,

In basic mode there is no difference between the 18.46K ESC and the F2B model. There are massive differences between them in Governor mode however. (Selecting Governor Mode is the equivalent of selecting Control line Mode) The 18.46K F2B has been completely optimized for control line precision aerobatics. Where you may have to guess at your own settings with other ESC's you do not have to do so with the Schulze. Every aspect of the code and how the ESC performs was gone through with a fine tooth comb over a year long period. Everything that could be optimized has been. Obviously you can access "Brake Mode" from within Governor Mode to enable the motor to stop prior to landing. There is currently no choice in this regard as that is part of the rules. I wish that I could tell you more about the internals of the Schulze ESC but I am not at liberty to do so. The only thing you need to do with the 18.46K F2B ESC is to set the Electronic Needle Valve on the timer/processor as you currently do on your gas powered models and go fly.

There are no other planes outside of Paul's and mine that have used the complete system. We are attempting to change that as soon as possible.

Kim

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Differences between a Schulze 18.46K and a 18.46K-F2B?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:57:24 PM »
Thanks for the info Kim.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here