News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:05:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Count your blessings  (Read 636 times)

Alan Hahn

• Trade Count: (0)
Count your blessings
« on: September 25, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »
Not completely to toot my own horn  #^, but you might look at my posts in the engineering section.

Now compare some of those rpm plots to what we see with our governors! #^

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Count your blessings
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 07:46:55 PM »
Toot your own horn THAT is a fantastic piece of work.   CLP** BW@ H^^  8)

I especially like your blue line markers spoting positions through the manuvers. 

Comparing to an electric datalogger trace would be interesting, however since the means opf collecting the data would be somewhat different that might add some "noise" to the data.  Is your microphones sensitive enough to pick-up RPM of an electric prop?

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Alan Hahn

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 08:46:51 PM »
Toot your own horn THAT is a fantastic piece of work.   CLP** BW@ H^^  8)

I especially like your blue line markers spoting positions through the manuvers. 

Comparing to an electric datalogger trace would be interesting, however since the means opf collecting the data would be somewhat different that might add some "noise" to the data.  Is your microphones sensitive enough to pick-up RPM of an electric prop?

I have an optical sensor for my eagletree data recorder, but it isn't easy to install on Fred's plane.

It is installed on my Skyray 35, and as soon as I can get that @#$@ Fox35 not to die on me in inverted squares, I'll record both sound and the rpm directly. Each time I land inverted, it rips off the datarecorder (I've velcroed it to the canopy area of the Skyray), bending the pins. So now I thought I'd try to get the tank height right before risking the data recorder any more.

It is easy to forget how miserable it can be to deal with glow engines--even I tend to remember only the good flights. I hate to admit how many times I have squirted glow fuel on my clothes in the last 2 weeks!

Offline andreas johansson

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • SWE-56998
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 12:58:29 AM »
"tank height"? whats that? I have heard of a work like that used in the ancient past.  ;)

/Andreas
Nobler-O-Maniac
SWE 56998

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here