News:

• April 28, 2024, 10:16:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Could electric flight be taken too far.  (Read 555 times)

Offline jim gilmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Could electric flight be taken too far.
« on: May 12, 2008, 09:19:02 PM »
Ok, please donot shoot me. But I've been thinking and for me that is always a dangerous thing. I'm wondering when somebody is going to take electric flight to the next level. The ultimate scale interpertation of a real aircraft. Just add some small speaker and have real engine sound. Maybe small led's mounted in scale exhaust stacke to look like flame coming from the exhausts. And then follow the toy train companys with a puff of smoke when you start them up........
Hmmmm one day they may even have a way to make them squirt castol oil for us old guys that remember those bygone days. What do you all think?
It could happen ?

Offline Mike Anderson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Could electric flight be taken too far.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:27:51 AM »
Ok, please donot shoot me. But I've been thinking and for me that is always a dangerous thing. I'm wondering when somebody is going to take electric flight to the next level. The ultimate scale interpertation of a real aircraft. Just add some small speaker and have real engine sound. Maybe small led's mounted in scale exhaust stacke to look like flame coming from the exhausts. And then follow the toy train companys with a puff of smoke when you start them up........
Hmmmm one day they may even have a way to make them squirt castol oil for us old guys that remember those bygone days. What do you all think?
It could happen ?

Speakers with engine sound - RC'ers are doing that
LED's (for exhaust )            - RC'ers are putting LED's all over their models
Puff of smoke                    - On trains, it was produced by dripping a "Smoke Solution"
                                         onto the light bulb/headlight - LED's are cold, so that
                                         approach wouldn't work - besides don't you know that
                                         2nd hand smoke will kill you? S?P

Mike A

Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here