Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Component wiring layout

(1/2) > >>

Dennis Toth:
Most of my ships I have used the wiring as it comes for the motor leads, battery and timer lead. For my Ringmaster I want to shorten up the loose wires. The battery and power leads are fine but the control timer lead has the plug on it. Is it easier to cut the lead and just remove and replace on the ESC board or cut and replace the plug?

Best,   DennisT

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Dennis Toth on September 14, 2020, 07:08:09 PM ---Most of my ships I have used the wiring as it comes for the motor leads, battery and timer lead. For my Ringmaster I want to shorten up the loose wires. The battery and power leads are fine but the control timer lead has the plug on it. Is it easier to cut the lead and just remove and replace on the ESC board or cut and replace the plug?

Best,   DennisT

--- End quote ---
If you are sure you are never going to use the ESC on anything else, I would go with the plug. Otherwise use the quicktie.

However, it is quite easy to cut some wire from  the center and solder it back covering with heat shrink.  Strip it back about 1/4" on each end, straighten out the strands and push them together like you are capturing a Banshee on Avatar.  Solder then utter your favorite cussword because you forgot to put the heat shrink tube on first.  : ~^  :-X LL~

Dennis Toth:
Ken,
Yes, will only use this for this airplane. So sounds like you think I should cut wires and add the new plug rather than remove and re-solder to the ESC board. Correct?

I guess I could try that as I have the crimp tool and the pins and plug body and if it doesn't work well then go a different route.

Best,   DennisT

PerttiMe:
The way I read Ken's post is: cut a piece of wire off from the middle, and then solder the ends together. That way you are still using the same plug.

----------------------

--- Quote from: Ken Culbertson on September 14, 2020, 10:14:13 PM ---...Solder then utter your favorite cussword because you forgot to put the heat shrink tube on first.  : ~^  :-X LL~

--- End quote ---
Been there, done that.

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: PerttiMe on September 15, 2020, 11:11:31 AM ---The way I read Ken's post is: cut a piece of wire off from the middle, and then solder the ends together. That way you are still using the same plug.

--- End quote ---
That would be my preference since I don't have the tools to re-crimp the plug.

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version